The Last Reso

Rusty

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYONE GOING?

IT'S TOO BAD THAT THIS IS THE LAST ONE AFTER 30 SOMTHING YEARS!

RESO_08_Final_Correct.jpg

NICE TRUCK CHOICE FOR THE FLYER;)

The guy (Bob Hase) throwing Reso is one of the last remaining founders of my truck club =Sunset=. As long as he's been into Minitruckin', he's had a soft spot in his heart for now vintage Datsun's. Hence the one on the flyer. You should see the 521 he's building right now. Sooo sick!!!

Ive been to 11 or 12 Resolution 3 day runs & the last 7 in a row! It's a must attend for me no matter what + it's only a 4 hour drive through the So. Cal. desert :cool: This year Bob added an "old school" class so now i have to decide which truck to bring...;)

Being in High School in the 70's was a great time. 620 was king of the mini pickups. It was #1 for mod's, shows, etc. They used to be all over the place. I've got to say I hardly ever see one on the road anymore and when I do it's still being used as a workhorse. I long for those mags filled with modified (and stock) 620 pickups. I remember going to the car shows back then and checking them all out. I'd sure love to see more 620 show type trucks done. #1 rule tho'.. they need to be driven. Long live the King! :D

Being in High School in the 70's was a great time. 620 was king of the mini pickups. It was #1 for mod's, shows, etc. They used to be all over the place. I've got to say I hardly ever see one on the road anymore and when I do it's still being used as a workhorse. I long for those mags filled with modified (and stock) 620 pickups. I remember going to the car shows back then and checking them all out. I'd sure love to see more 620 show type trucks done. #1 rule tho'.. they need to be driven. Long live the King! :D

sounds sweet. Its just a shame with so many custom ones built, where did they all go? Wrecked, rusted?? Why just the stock ones remain on the road as work trucks. :(

I too usally only see a 620 in fair, rusted out condition on the road. Now and then I see some old guy driving a super clean 620 that he probably bought new. All stock, and you know he'll never sell it. :D

Well I guess that's why we are so important. When you think about it, we are the link between what was and what will be. If we rejunvenate enough of these there will be some left for the next generation. If we don't do it they WILL all rust and go by the wayside. Were "The Keeper of the 620". Historians if you will in an automotive sense. Kind of makes you feel important doesn't it? Ha! :D

I remember getting into custom trucks back in 1985 and all that was around was Nissan 720s, lots of toyotas, Luvs and the good old 620...I have seen alot of nice ones come and go in this area. It is crazy I can assume that most got wrecked, but I know that there are a few sitting in garages, back yards etc. Look at all of the 520,521s and 320s that have been surfaceing as of late. you know that the same is going on with the 620s. Sooner or later some of them will appear and then we can buy them cheap and restore...

There was a smooth 620 xcab that had tandem axels, suicide doors and full metal convertilbe, everything was shaved and a side tilt bed. I saw it last at the last year of the mini truck show they had at the King County fairgrounds, called the Jungle. That was in 1992, it was a project need an interior and a paintjob. But it ran and drove. Never saw it again, rumor had it that he got sick of it and never finished it. If I can ever figure out how to post pics I will post pics of it.. I have several that I know that just disapered...it is a crime...

I stopped by Sunday (on My way home from JCCS) at the October Southern California Mini Truck Council meeting in Diamond Bar. Bob Hase was there and I asked Him if there would be a "vintage" class. I also asked Him what the cutoff year for that class would be. There WILL BE first, second and third place trophys given out for pre 1985 trucks. Now, all trucks will be in that class, not Datsun specific. So Chevy Luvs, Ford Couriers, Toyotas and Datsuns will compete against each other. See "Ya there!!!!!