spring rates from pounds to kg?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or like...people could like...learn something...like, for when they're not...like...in front of a computer.

Gosh, why didn't I think of that? Lets all fill our heads with shit we will probably only use once... or learn a formula we will use so little what we'll forget it by the next time we use it.

Be a dick if it makes you happy. :rolleyes: Good luck with that! :fu:

Gosh, why didn't I think of that? Lets all fill our heads with shit we will probably only use once... or learn a formula we will use so little what we'll forget it by the next time we use it.

The logic of unit conversion can be applied in a lot of situations. Typical response of ignorance. I'd be a lot happier if I wasn't surrounded by morons everywhere I go :fu:
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in the middle, I know the rates and agree people are taking too much shit for granted. BUT I suck at math so I just use the search anyway. I think both is the right answer, know the conversion but use the search/calc so your spot on.

http://wscope.com/convert.htm

learn it! know it! live it!

I have to side with thisismatt.

my head is so full of :poop: ive used once or twice... :blink:

The guy wasn't looking for a math lesson, he wanted a simple answer. Why do I get MY balls busted for being helpful all the time? (this is not the first) I answer more tech questions than most of you (exception being 72240z, closer to even I think), I've noticed lately that a lot of the older guys have QUIT being helpful because of shit like this... guess I should join them.

The guy wasn't looking for a math lesson, he wanted a simple answer. Why do I get MY balls busted for being helpful all the time? (this is not the first) I answer more tech questions than most of you (exception being 72240z, closer to even I think), I've noticed lately that a lot of the older guys have QUIT being helpful because of shit like this... guess I should join them.

Or, because a lot of older members get sick of answering the same questions over, and over, and over again.

Or, because a lot of folks found that wonderful internet resource called Google, which will answer many of the non-Datsun specific questions like how to convert into metric units.

Or, because a lot of folks see a pattern from certain people who always post every question they have here first, when they could be found faster by searching the forum or the web in general than by asking here.

It's a willingness to learn vs wanting to be spoon-fed everything. If you keep spoon feeding them they won't learn how to figure anything out for themselves.

Everybody these days wants a simple answer, and they want to drive like douchebags, and they want the government to pay for all their kids, their healthcare, their auto insurance, their drug habits, etc etc and on and on. Some of us are tired of it and would like people to actually educate themselves. Besides, my point wasn't that anyone should learn, specifically, a conversion rule for spring rates, but a simple concept of unit conversion that if you understand you will be able to figure out other, similar questions. It's like to anyone you would apply the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" saying - at some point in people's lives their brain apparently just shuts down to learning anything new and they have to start asking for help on the stupidest things, where if they would just try it they could probably figure it out based on simple concepts they learned when they were twelve. I'm not saying you should memorize every conversion factor for every weight, volume, length, etc known to man...of course that would be great to know, but isn't practical. However, being able to figure out what speed your car will be moving given gear ratios, rpm, and wheel size is a practical skill requiring unit conversion techniques, and the same can be applied to other subjects. There isn't always going to be an online calculator for every thing you need to know, and sometimes there's just one little facet that's different and if you had any clue about what was going on it would be a simple matter to add your new details to the equation and do the conversion to figure it out. But, sorry...

2+2=4. abcdefghi.....

Technically, a kilogram is a mass a pound is a force.

If you want a force in metric (SI) then it is a Newton (kilogram times gravity, since F=ma).

Mass in imperial units is a slug.

That's why torque is in N*m, not kg*m. That's weird they put spring rates in kg/mm instead of N/mm.

So you're all F-ing WRONG, haha! :fu: :lol: