Ot - crx

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend had a 86, I believe the lightest of the 1st/2nd series at a ridiculous 1800lbs. I always wanted to see him drop a h22 into it. I had a prelude for a short time and was impressed with what that 2.2 could do, esp modded.

200hp(h22), 1800lb, 2 seats, 4 wheels, it's just a winning formula lol.

BS talk aside though every model is a great commuter car stock, or peppy/quick modded, GREAT mileage too.

My main problem with it and all mostly all Hondas is the wrong wheel drive set up. For a dd I guess it doesn't matter that much though.

I put about 100k miles on an 86si a few years back. Absolutely beat on that car daily too. Was not nice to it at all, and it just kept on going. Sold it with 189k on it. Excellent autocross car too. But very little aftermarket support for the early(84-87) cars.

What year are you looking at? and what model?

always had a soft spot for the first gen crx's my aunt (only female in the pic) had one that was totaled when it went under a dodge van distroied the dodge by shoving the drivline threw the transmission distroied the front end of the car my dad (behind my aunt) and my uncle (pictured at the left) stuffed it in the back of my uncles chevy and brought it to our house to transplant the motor into an early accord the cars subframe was bent and the front end was totally mangled but the damn thing still ran and drove under its own power

truckinhonda-1.jpg

(yes im the kid with the dorky smile pictured at right)

Thanks for the input.It's an '84 or '85.I always thought

that the early ones were a much cleaner design.And no,

I'm not a "ricer".I can't get into that lifestyle.I still haven't

figured out why you'd put a huge wing on the back of a FWD car.

- Doug