Zuum's 240z project...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got my output shaft seal in today. Called around and found that the autozone down the street was the only place that had it, and it was the cheapest, AND its a normally stocked item! Whoo! When I pulled the old one It looked brand new, felt new, other than the marks from removing it. When I put the new one in it made sense as to why it leaked... it wasn't fully seated! Fumb Duck! Oh well. No more leaks now. She still smokes like an old whore though, I may do the valve stem seals next, the compression is great so thats my guess for the oil burning.

Also a guy on HBZ contacted me about the kanji under my dash, hes chinese, and says in chinese it symbolizes 28 just like 72240z said it means in japanese, cool. He also says this "The no. 28 must be a lucky number. In Chinese, 28 loosely translates to Easy Prosper. The car would bring you good fortune." :D

• 1 month later...
Its coming back out to put the clutch on, and start the "other" mods (still secret)

2 more cylinders? :lol:

but seriously, cool swap.

If you don't mind me asking though why stick with the L28 trans besides the fact it can be done? The 71C trannies are stronger...

Edited by MAG58
2 more cylinders? :lol:

but seriously, cool swap.

If you don't mind me asking though why stick with the L28 trans besides the fact it can be done? The 71C trannies are stronger...

Its what I have. The engine didn't come with a tranny.

Izzo; The engine will run no matter what angle its at... so there is no "right angle". Angle on matters for guys who can't weld, or are affraid to make an oil pan. OR who have a different oil pan than I do. BAH... its gonna work...

was no disbelief there. more the fact it was not the right angle for the eng/trans without swapping the bellhousing...

There is no "right" angle really... As stock the ka tilts to the drivers side, and the L-series tilts to the passenger side. Personally I think they had it right with the L-series. More weight on the passenger side is better for handling than the opposite. The only real problem is needing to make an oil pan and mounts... but I'd need to fab mounts for the Z any way, and the oil pan on my motor is 'different' than others... you'll see, I'm know what I'm doing.

Started fabbing the mounts today... should have some cool stuff to share by next week.