Zuum's 240z project...

My new $900 POS... good lord! Oh well, it drives fucking AWESOME! Definately burns some oil on hard acceleration, running WAY rich, only one turn signal in the rear is working, and only one brake light at a time but sometimes none (it kinda switches from right to left and none), doors have some rust HOLES, hatch has surface rust and the body side around the hatch has some rust that will probably need cut out but I have seen WAY worse, left fender has rust but not the body, right wheel well up on the fire wall has rust but not the fender or the frame rail, the right rear corner in the well has rust, the left rear rocker has rust, only a little bit of rust in the floor pans... I'm not worried about it. This is the first Z I have driven and I am VERY surprised by the way it drives... this frickin bucket has perfect alignment, takes corners VERY well, good brakes, decent interior, all good glass...

All in all I am a happy boy! :D

Don't ask for pics you fuckers :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we dont ask, we demand :fu:

Iv got a stash of parts so let me know if you need anything

Thanks Skib, I won't know till I start tearing into it... I know a little bit about dimes and trucks... but the Z is a whole nother animal... other than having some understanding about the motor, I'm a NOOB! :lol: Oh crap! :eek: Thats a weird feeling... :mellow:

Damn a lot of people are jumping on to the s30 wagon lol, sweeeeet.

Congrats.

Bike Independent carbs ftw :-).

Thank you! I'm a proud daddy all over again... I don't have a clue what I'm gonna do with this thing, other than fixing some rust, lowering and wheels... far as motor, well thats gonna take some planning... I don't want to set anything in stone yet.

Is it the maroon one that was on craigslist in Tacoma? Congrats Z's rule!!!

Thats the one. Not the best example, certainly not the worst, but shes got potential. As far as I am concerned, all the 'surprises', aren't... Its just a toy. :cool:

I grabbed some batteries for the camera tonight, so I'll snap a couple off tomorrow.

Trying to finish up another project for our "icecream man"... he wants to sell icecream from a bike... :lol:

Got the 5spd in, the manual pedal box all in... gotta put the dash back in, and get some hydraulic parts for the clutch, and we'll be driving again. Found a little bit of rust in the passenger floor pan while under there... more than a little really, the sound deadening was holding most of the passenger floor pan together to be honest. :blink:

Still need to time the motor, and tune the carbs, but all in all I am quite happy with the progress so far.

So far I've pulled out about 10lbs of 'wookie hair' insulation... the interior didn't look bad or anything but I didn't want to chance what 'might' be under there, so ALL the diamond patterned vinyl is coming out, along with all the plastics. When I'm done, it will be bare cept for the dash, seats and door panels... :o

So far I've pulled out about 10lbs of 'wookie hair' insulation... the interior didn't look bad or anything but I didn't want to chance what 'might' be under there, so ALL the diamond patterned vinyl is coming out, along with all the plastics. When I'm done, it will be bare cept for the dash, seats and door panels... :o

that shits gross, mines stripped to steel right now too

Edited by Skib

Heres some more pics...

The 'wookie fur' I referred too...

P4190724.jpg

A little pile of sound deadening I managed to get off without dry ice. :D

P4190723.jpg

Took the dash out to swap pedal assemblies, and found a little something hiding under my steering column...

P4190721.jpg

P4190722.jpg

P4190720.jpg

P4190719.jpg

...don't know what it says, but I know its japanese...