Zuum's 240z project...

It's the kanji for 28. Really its 3 kanji combined, the 2 lines up top mean 2, the plus symbol is 10 and the 2 lines are 8. :-)

Edited by 72240z
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice car, could also mean instal column here. and yeah i dun no jap.

well if 28 means install column here lol.

Inspection makes sense but I don't recall ever seeing it on any of the z's I have owned or parted.

your right bleach, thats the one... I'm quite happy with it for the price.

I got the 5spd all in and working (I am using a 620 clutch master for now. The bracket that connects to the clutch pedal was too short, so I cut it and made it longer, dont laugh, its temporary), new manifold gaskets, reset the dizzy spindle and retimed the engine, retuned the carbs (by ear and smell), and now the car runs better than when i got it, and the exhaust smell doesn't make my eyes water! :D

Next is new gasket for the oil pump... its pissing oil now! :mad: Then back to the sheet metal work. Nothing pic worthy for now.

I use Indian head gasket on anything oil related. Never ever EVER had a leak. Dry is out of the book correct though. I just cant seem to leave well enough alone I have to fix it till it's broke lol.

Started fixing the rear bumper last night, it was twisted on one side, lots of dings in it, and damage on both sides from the over riders. Since its a 3 piece type bumper, I am welding it solid so its one piece, filling all the holes where the rubber stips were and the over riders were. I will post some pics when its done tomorrow. Then I will start the front which is in better condition, and less welding and shaping will be required.

yeah it usually a bad idea to use a gasket maker where even a little piece could get sucked into the pump and cause low or no pressure. :D

Ya I hear that, Indian head isn't anything like rtv though. I have faith in it lol.

Ya, I'm rocking my red interior 100% complete and proud lol. You couldn't even use the stock for templates? The one in the pic looks fine to me.

the stock vinyl is easy to bring back far as dirt and stains are concerned.