This was parked at work today...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its a GT. I looked up "matte black gt gumball 3000", there are a few pics of it in San Fran. I think the rally was in May, I wonder whyhe hasn't taken all the stickers off yet. I especially dig the Punisher hood emblem.

I cant believe you had to ask phleb lol.

I can't believe the obvious bondo on the passenger rear 1/4 either :(

I can't believe he ran the gumball with the paint still looking like that :confused:

Ford GT 40:

Ford-GT40-1024.jpg

GT002.jpg

2004-ford-gt-sports-car.jpg

GT005.jpg

Looks better with the Ford badges or just flat black. Not diggin' the 'stickers' all over it. No way I'd give free advertising on my beautiful ride... probably a company car.

Here's some pics that I got from google images. The paint looked worse in person. It's still cool, but I am no longer painting my Z flat black.

It's not flat black though

No way I'd give free advertising on my beautiful ride... probably a company car.

I'd LOVE to work for the company that uses and runs a gt40 in the most famous illegal cross country rally ever lol.

the decals funded his trip.

Edited by 72240z

satin, matte, non-shiny, dull, whatever. I think it looks very cool on exotic cars, but I know this one has seen some miles, and frankly it looked like it. I don't want to knock it, its a bad ass ride, but I don't think its for me anymore.

It's not w/e though they are completely different. I'm sure it shows it thats why I commented, 3k miles at a clip with no clear coat, not going to end well.

To each their own I'm not knocking that at all.

I cant believe you had to ask phleb lol.

I can't believe the obvious bondo on the passenger rear 1/4 either :(

I can't believe he ran the gumball with the paint still looking like that :confused:

All that "bling" is what threw me off. I was sure that a sane persone would not put all those stickers on a ford GT. :D

Haha! Yeah I see it! People were putting him down for a bad bondo job. SHAME! I like it... I don't care, I like it.

BTW! In the third pic you can see the racing stripes stick up from the "paint". Could this "paint" just be a big ass sticker? Or did they really paint over the sticker racing stripes...

Edited by Motavated

I still say bondo, the entire top doesn't even come close to matching up and the line continues into the gap. Idk though after reading the post after mine I guess it could be. Maybe they just speared the hell out of the residue.

Edited by 72240z

i dig the color...and the .... and you can spary a flat clear by the way... we use it at my work .. anything below a 20 sheen is flat, 20-59sh is satin, 60-79sh is semi-gloss,80+ is gloss/high gloss....

and here is a one stage that most people use for this color..http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/hrf201.aspx

and SEM makes the "flat" paint as well

and the gumball isnt illegal ....... its how you drive that makes it illegal, the US gumball had closed off streets..... my "tarded" friend tried to get invite, not realizing you have to have a rare or exotic car, be invited by the association and be able to pay the $250,000+ entry fee...... he was sad that he didnt get to enter his junky audi tt ///// :lol:

That is clearly residue from a sticker as noted. Also I doubt it would be bondo anyway,as I believe that part of the car is urethane,or fiberglass,and not steel. Not 100% sure,but I have seen one or two of these cars in person,and I doubt it is steel there.