New to the site and my 71 521 56k warning

pugz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in Oklahoma and have never seen that truck running around.. Did you pick it up in the City???

When you start digging into the front end.. be very carefull to save the front wheel bearings.. Finding replacements will be most probably impossible.

Im in Oklahoma and have never seen that truck running around.. Did you pick it up in the City???

When you start digging into the front end.. be very carefull to save the front wheel bearings.. Finding replacements will be most probably impossible.

i met the guy in okc he came from ponca city but the guy who had it before him i dont know where he was. as for the front bearings. im not too worried about them. im gonna build custom upper and lower control arms and convert it all to 5 lug and disk brakes. but thats coming a lil later

Those tie rods are a kit that is made by TRW (federal mogul) or MOOG. Cant remember at the moment. I would be curious to know if there are any part numbers on the parts at all. The number would be stamped into it in the flat spot around the grease zerk. And how long is the adjusting sleeve, thread size?

Jason

Yep, those are moog parts. I sourced them through rockauto.com and then picked them up at the local Action Auto...didn't have time to wait for shipping.

MOOG Part # ES2340A {Complete Tie Rod Assembly}

Frt Strg; LH; At Steering Arm; 2WD

MOOG Part # ES2339A {Complete Tie Rod Assembly}

Frt Strg; RH; At Steering Arm; 2WD

I got the entire steering setup for about $200

ya i wasnt thinking the steering was all factory. im gonna get he slam bags and see if that helps with the rubbing. ill keep yall informed on that. the bags barely touch the spindle at full lift. not sure about jsut at regular ride height. im gettin the brakes fixed and my viair compressors installed should have it back tomorrow. also installing new rocker switches for the airride and a viair gauge

Hey Pugz I just came over from NC and am looking around. I know I've said it already but the truck is looking great! (I changed my name cause no one can remember iN1554Nt lol)

Anyway I'm going to keep looking around.

Les

• 1 month later...