lowering my truck

SHADY280

as the cdn dollar reaches and surpasses your weak american dolla, the candians have everything for sale in the states. for instance, a t-shirt at walmart up here is 11 dollars cdn. the exact same shirt down south is 6-7 dollars. so its like a nation wide sale. just like when you guys came up here. thus causing mass lineups to cross at the boarders. everyone likes sales. even your gas is cheaper. its 99 cents a liter here. and like 3 a gallon down there. thats aboot a 15 cents a liter savings. my z cars tank is 80 liters, you do the math.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pure volume, it seems half the cdn country exits and enters the us every weekend. during the week the lines arent so bad. the higher the cdn dollar the more ppl go south to buy stuff. when the dollar was at 60 cents for every us dollar, there were no lineups. now the dollar is at par, and your prices down there are cheap! and yeah, the us guards really question canadians, the cdn guardes barely ask anything when i go back again. all you need to cross right now is birth cert and photo id. soon ppl will require a passport just to cross. dumb 911

. all you need to cross right now is birth cert and photo id. soon ppl will require a passport just to cross. dumb 911

I do believe that is about to become a law on the first of January isn't it?.....That (the traffic volume) is the same reason the Mexican border crossing at Tijuana takes so long...Americans going south to get "Bargains" there.......(ya know I have lived down here soooooooo long that I have never considered the Northern Border crossings DUH!!...(never been up there!...maybe I shoud visit !)...Ron

i don't think the passport thing is really such a big issue. look at europe, it's not uncommon to cross a couple borders in a weekend, and they all just carry them around with them all the time. i just think the process for getting a passport and the fact that they tried to just throw the law out there without any kind of warning and so everybody and their brother went and applied for a passport. i think that was a bad move on the govt's part.

if passports didn't take so long to get i'd be chillin london right now with my parents. :(

passports in canada only last 5 years as well. everywhere else they last 7 to 10 years, and we have to go thru the whole process every time, no renwals. thats why i dont have one yet. im gonna cross the boader at 4am and work my way to bleaches one of these times. no bodies dumb enough to line up at 4am, just me! prolly take the xterra tho, more space for goodies!

I found the blocks. $5 for the set for you and you have to get that hood from me soon as well! :) ...bring down some Tim Hortons donuts too

I think I'll be moving the hood to my apartment. My dad needs my junk out of his garage. The earlier you can schedule a weekend to stop by, the better.

• 3 weeks later...

so okay, i'm so stupid, where in da hell is the instrux on messing with da torsion(which way to crank them) to lower them some more? I could fart around with it, but would i notice it going up or down? please let me know.

i don't think the passport thing is really such a big issue. look at europe, it's not uncommon to cross a couple borders in a weekend, and they all just carry them around with them all the time. i just think the process for getting a passport and the fact that they tried to just throw the law out there without any kind of warning and so everybody and their brother went and applied for a passport. i think that was a bad move on the govt's part.

if passports didn't take so long to get i'd be chillin london right now with my parents. :(

Europe now is like a large bunch of states that share a lot in common, sort of a European United States as it were. Travel isn't that restrictive across borders somewhat like crossing into another state in the US.

so okay, i'm so stupid, where in da hell is the instrux on messing with da torsion(which way to crank them) to lower them some more? I could fart around with it, but would i notice it going up or down? please let me know.

i didn't really notice it right away. had my truck up on stands doing brake work and decided to lower it while i had it up there. i loosened up the nuts as far as i felt safe (left about an 1/8" above the top nut), then tightened them against each other to lock them and lowered it off the stands, had trouble getting my jack out from under the front crossmember, so even tho it didn't look like it was doing anything, when i put it back down on it's wheels it was sittin nice and low. just for clarification, if you move the nuts towards the top of the bolt (loosening them) you are lowering the front end.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... these trucks have to have the easiest suspension to modify in the world... I've never read anything that basic before...

Rest of world: "First figure out how much you're going to drop it, then go buy some coils, then take out these washers, cut the springs down 13/346th of an inch, over-torque the bolts by 56 ft/lbs, buy the most expensive shocks you can find, and then take it to the shop and get them to do it for you..."

Datsun crowd: "Just stick these blocks of steel between your rear axle and leaf springs, then turn these nuts on the front until it looks good."

Actually, come to think of it, these trucks seem to be the easiest to modify in any sense... Wierd, some of the greatest (in some senses) vehicles ever made are from a company that hasn't existed in some thirty years...

Wow... these trucks have to have the easiest suspension to modify in the world... I've never read anything that basic before...

My '70 Dart had torsion bar front suspension. The adjuster bolt was on the front lower control arm. Just reach under with a ratchet with 2 feet of pipe on it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey devilduece...I dropped the torsion bars all the way in the front (left the bumpstops for now...need shocks anyway, so they will get pulled when I install new shocks) and installed 3 inch blocks (no bumpstops anymore:) in the rear. Still hauls a load pretty good, I mean a Datsun sized load:D. I moved a ton of Cedar 1x6 and 1x12 in it...hangin' way the heck out the back, front tires almost off the ground:eek: and it never really "hit" (any axle or frame contact)until I pulled into my driveway. I am going to pull a leaf out of the back...maybe two, because I really want my truck lower:cool: Should still be able to carry a bunch of stuff with it though.