ka24de 620 build

Well it started out with a L20 we all know what that looks like so I posted pics. of the swap and befor I start the body work. So it has a ka24de out of a 92 s13 along with the trans it all went in with out to much fab work shortin the drive line, custom intake, electric fan rubbed on the firewall a little for the ka trans. to fit it only took really about two weeks to get the motor and trans. stuffed but another two weeks rebuilding the bottom end of the motor and getting parts ordered for the motor to work harness, fuel pump, header and of course new fluids too!

Edited by slinginabullet
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man when do i get to drive it !

when i get up that way you can rip it around but i'm still having trouble getting the tach to work :mad: at idle it kinda bounces around a little then sits, might be the tach but it worked just fine with the L20 and it only sat ardond for about a month. the only wire that i changed was the green wire from the tach took off the old coil and ran it to the ylw/red wire and still nothin.

my tack just did this. The spade that slides on the negative side of the coil had not ben crimped well and was moving in side the spade making the tack jump around and some times not work till 3 grand or so

Plus that tack i gave you is from the 70's it was in a old 510 rally car from the 70's before i got it maybe its just old

Edited by DISLEXICDIME
that thing has to be running hot the 2 core wouldn't cool my l18 and we have the same 2 core

it was 102 the other day and i was mobin around town and it got to about 190. befor i put the radiator in i cleaned it out combed the fins flushed the heater core and the electric fan pulls well. i still would like to put in a aftermarket scirocco stile. but for now it works

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey im new to ratsun and i just got a 73' 620 and want to drop in a ka24de on it... i love the ka:p... i used to own a 240sx but fell in love with the 620 so i sold it and got the 620... i want to know if the ka drop right in or do i have to mod the mounts? as for the fuel pump wich one do i have to use? and also what other mods do i have to do to it to drop in the ka? can you guys help?