HELP!!! Truck is.......fine?!?!?

How about learning how to do your own shit instead of relying on hacks to fawk your shite up for you? Maybe you SHOULD get a ranger so you can practice fawking that shit up 1st before getting your dick beaters on another datsun :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear it down.....i understand what you mean....i do alot myself but i also pay for alot.....really would like to see some work done to the back of your ride..i kinda want to do the same.... anyway i learned not to get to much going at the same time,it has helped alot and im getting it done..good luck and venting is good thats what were here for ...to help pick you back up

I think the guy who helped you should give you some $$$ back & or claen it up/re-do a few things. Also you gotta set up your pinion angle a bit better than how it is in the pix. Its all adjustable in the arms. Hell im not an expert & im not bustin balls just tryin to help.

how much have you paid this guy???? my advise buy a welder a tape measure and some cutting tools and redo all the crap yourself so the only person you can be mad at is yourself if it turns out bad or make the guy redo it to your standards dont pay first if its not to your liking have him do it again or not get paid

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

QUOTE]

Holy pinion angle Batman.

Something does not look right about the angles of the lower bars in relation to the upper bars. And the roll center effect that it might have.

You need to think twice before you let Backyard Barney touch your truck anymore. If is not interested in doing the work as you ask, then why let him do it his way?

And it is time to invest in a can of semi-gloss black rattle can and cover that bare metal up. This would help the appearance alot too.

Edited by yello620
He wants 150 bucks for the cell box and batt box built and welded on with MY metal...

Dwn,,dont pay the guy & if you did get it back. Galvanized steel shouldnt be welded & it may fail & do alot of damage.

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT! I asked him and he said it was no problem!!! fucking jackass........thanks pac and everyone else for the support. time to start shopping for a welder and a boot to put up his ass. how SHOULD the 4 link look, and any thoughts on what kind of welder I should be looking for?

dwn,,dont pay the guy & if you did get it back. Galvanized steel shouldnt be welded & it may fail & do alot of damage.

you will end up killing your self or someone else. Welded galvenized will break.

Never had a problem with welded galvanized breaking...it's steel with a galvanized coating. It also comes in various sizes and thickness. Size it right for the application, remove the coating at the area to be welded and your good to go.

That said, those mounts look like shit as does the rest of his 'fab'. That dood should be paying you for the mess he made. I won't even get into the link geometry...

Get some straps on that fuel cell! The fuel sloshing around in there will eventually tear those tabs off and rip open the cell.

2eDeYe;177780']Never had a problem with welded galvanized breaking...it's steel with a galvanized coating. It also comes in various sizes and thickness. Size it right for the application, remove the coating at the area to be welded and your good to go.

i second that! been dealing with hot dip galve fish farm pens of 16yrs now its just a coating like paint.but thats besides the point yer truck has huge potential! i wish mine was as straight as yours!and when you buy a welder make it a miller!

oh ya isnt the inside of a datsun frame thinner? the front inside of the boxed frame is thick but just passed the front wheels the inside boxed frame is thinner?

Edited by polski ogorki
this is the stuff I'm talking about... the box is just pieces layed on top of pieces and welded. Shit, I could BOLT that together. He wants 150 bucks for the cell box and batt box built and welded on with MY metal...

IMG_1150.jpg

make sure you get some gromets for those wires! that sheet metal will eat through them in no time!

Sorry to hear of the shoddy work on your pickup, dwnshfter. I had my old full size Chevy bagged at a shop and the work on it was poor quality also. I had tons of problems with it and I ended up re-doing alot of it myself. I gave alot to get it done and it turned out to be a dissapointment.

If you decide to buy a welder and rebuild it yourself, read, read, read and look at lots of pictures of other guys setups--here and other sites on the web. There are alot of guys out there that have tons of skill and build some sweet stuff out of little garages or even their own backyard. It just takes alot of planning. Also, buy the proper fittings for your set-up. I noticed in one of your pictures that your upper fittings on your bags are mismatched. Cutting corners will get you in the end. My problems always seemed to happen late at night in the middle of nowhere. Don't get me wrong. With an adjustable suspension you will have problems eventually, everybody does. But if it is well thought out and a quality set-up, the problems will be few and far in between. You've put alot of work in it so far, so why start over? You've got a great foundation to build upon.

Something that I was kind of surprised that nobody mentioned. Welding galvanized is extremely toxic and if you breathe the fumes as you weld, it can make you very sick or it can kill you. Buy steel stock and go from there. Better safe than sorry. Good luck! E

the reason that the fittings are different is......."he sells me the used bags, a few weeks later we intstall them and he snaps one of the fittings off in the bag so he taps it for the fitting you see now. shitty bag he sells me+ him breaking it and not even an im sorry.

Wow, he sounds like a real piece of uh............work. I'd stay away from him.

Funny, there are guys like that working in shops all over the place. Nowadays, a person really has to do their homework before they leave their pride and joy with some shop to do work. Sad, it seems like pride in workmanship is becoming a thing of the past...............:( E

I have a better idea.....roadtrip?!? just have to get the wifey to say yes...... and I will have to check on the army shipping, not totally out of the question. I am more thinking about buying another and doing something else to it.... and keeping this one running and on the back burner to redo once I get a welder. so before I start reading pages of welding tips and crap, where do you guys think I should start my welding reading? I have an idea of what I want and an idea of what to do, just need 2-3 tons of scrap to weld together for practice and I will be ready to get to work, lol.