zcar.com starting to suck

Anybody else think so? It used to be a good forum. Now it seems to be very negative in tone. People are sooo mean to newbies sometimes. Somebody asks a simple question and people just tell them to search for the answer. It's like everybody thinks they are a moderator. This forum has a much nicer tone! I like it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think so? It used to be a good forum. Now it seems to be very negative in tone. People are sooo mean to newbies sometimes. Somebody asks a simple question and people just tell them to search for the answer. It's like everybody thinks they are a moderator. This forum has a much nicer tone! I like it.

hahahah reminds me of Zilvia you gotta act right on that forum or wear a fire suite cuz your ass will get flamed!!!!!

I stopped going there May 2006 when I joined Hybridz.org.

Soooo much mis-information on z-car, it's not even funny anymore. :confused:

I'm not sure if Vince Ogne is still one of the moderators, but some threads that should have been shut down went completely out of control for ~24 hours. Unreal what went on there sometimes...:mad:

I went there when I got my 280ZX turbo, but stopped about a year ago. There's a few people on there who are actually helpfull, but there's also a few a-holes who "know everything" and talk to everyone else like their an idiot.

I agree that most responses are "Use the frickin search function" rather than answer a question.

One guy was giving me all kinds of crap about how stupid I was because I didn't understand automotive electronics. I then proceeded to explain to him how I have built wiring harnesses from scratch for my cars, and swapped in more than one efi system to a carbed car......but it didn't matter, in his eyes I was still an idiot. They think they know everything, and nothing else matters.

yeah I don't understand. It's like a pissing match or something. We are all enthusiasts about our cars, lets just be enthusiastic! Ha ha that sounds dorky. Some people are annoyingly stupid on forums, but that is just part of the deal, no need to say it to their face!

Most of them are a bunch of f/n morons. You have guys like "tony d" that just bash people to no end. Don't get me wrong. I like tony I've known him for 12 years or so. But he is just plain mean to some folks. Then you have the rest of them that know it all. :fu: I lurk there but it's very rare I post.

"RATSUN RULES"

:fu::fu::fu:

Yeah I don't really like that guy. Some of his posts, he sounds like a raging lunatic. There is something about the internet that makes people assholes on forums and such. It's like easier to put down sombody when they aren't standing in front of you. Like some people have a huge ego on the net, then you meet them and they are meek little dudes!! Like datto510, he is a meek little guy, scared of his own shadow! ;)

I have nothing but respect for the gross amount of info tony knows but he is definitely harsh.

Zcar has sucked for as long as I can remember. It's always been people having a pissing match about who knows more instead of trying to help one another. When I 1st got into cars I thought forums dedicated to one car or make was such a cool thing because due to the comradery everyone would/could help one another. How naive.....

Breaking balls is one thing so is disagreeing and arguing, it happens and imo is healthy but they are just down right demeaning over there. I have lurked for years and never posted a single thing.

HBZ is no longer a prize pig either not too offend anyone(duel members). The admin there have long since gone power crazy. If not them then its the elitists who are just never wrong and have their head so far up the admins asses its pointless to even try. Some crap just went down there recently that is utterly ridiculous. The wealth of info is stored there though luckily, one doesnt have to put up with the bullshit just search.

Honestly it was a serious culture shock coming form VWVortex to Ratsun. Before i thought all forums were full of ass holes and i would only get an answer 10% of the time but with Ratsun its the exact opposite. You guys are very helpful and i never have anyone shoot me down or flame me.

RATSUN DOES RULE!

All you guys are just a bunch of uninformed assholes that don't know shit about datsuns.:fu:

There, that should make you guys feel better. Just like Zcar.com :lol:

Personally, I really like TonyD and think he's really helpful and he definitely knows his stuff.

Norm (the 12 second dual SU dude) is what kind of turned me off of zcar.com. He was banned from hybrid early on. He says all kinds of racist crap...:blink:

Ratsun Rocks!!

Personally, I really like TonyD and think he's really helpful and he definitely knows his stuff.

Norm (the 12 second dual SU dude) is what kind of turned me off of zcar.com. He was banned from hybrid early on. He says all kinds of racist crap...:blink:

Ratsun Rocks!!

TonyD is one of the most informed people I know. I always say he knows everything about everything. He is a very smart man. But can get really nasty. But he is generally a pretty cool dude. :D

Norm just likes to rant.:(

Yeah I don't really like that guy. Some of his posts, he sounds like a raging lunatic. There is something about the internet that makes people assholes on forums and such. It's like easier to put down sombody when they aren't standing in front of you. Like some people have a huge ego on the net, then you meet them and they are meek little dudes!! Like datto510, he is a meek little guy, scared of his own shadow! ;)

Funny guy Dave.... har har har.....:lol:

when i got on this board I had one guy being an asshole to me and everyone put him in check and wrote pm's to me to apologize for him being an asshole and not to judge the form based on him being a dick, and i haven't seen a post by that person that was that way again so i won't name names. Ratsun rocks