ratsun carrier bearing fix..

well this is a temp to get me by, especialy for canby, i need to have the rear drive line part where it goes to the rear end fixed tho, or jus get a new one.. but over all this shit dont go no where anymore! :)

i got this rubber stuff from my friend who got it from work, then i put some double sided tap on it, then wrapped it around an put the ring on.. then put everything back together

btw there was virtually no rubber left in the cb before doing this..

carrierbearingfix001.jpg

carrierbearingfix002.jpg

carrierbearingfix003.jpg

carrierbearingfix004.jpg

carrierbearingfix005.jpg

carrierbearingfix006.jpg

all bolted up..

carrierbearingfix008.jpg

so ya... hopefully that lasts a while lol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You fuckin' genius! Ha ha! I used a strip of rubber conveyor belt but it worked. It was only meant to get me by but I left it for a couple of years at least. Still good when I took it off.

hehe, HOW U THINK I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA? hehe i remember u said something bout that :)

thanks mike :lol:

went for a little spin to the store to get smokes, i think its helpin quite a bit.. take offs arent as jumpy and theres do vibration under full throttle.. i didnt really get to get upto speed to see if the truck still vibrates at freeway speed.. but i doubt it will...

on the other hand.. theres still a Clank, this could either be

A: exhaust

or

B: the rear u-joint where it connects to the rear end..

the clank is heard when you accellerate an then let off quickly without puttin the clutch in.. And when reversing out of my driveway.. or parking spot.. its just 1 clank.. say i reverse a little then let off clutch in an brake clank then back on gas clank let off clank..

if that makes any sense lol... either way as long as she dont vibrate like that thing under your grandmas mattress i think it'll be ok to goto canby

we fuck man, she still vibrates... its really weird..

so now that i fixed the carrier bearing, i have really smooth take offs.. thumbs up!!

how ever from 40+ she vibrates.. now i know what ur thinkin, tire balance..

but this vibration is odd.. if i gun it an keep her burried.. no vibration.. once i try to level off my speed an stay bout 55-60 vibration... so it pretty much only when im goin a steady speed.. usualy when i put the clutch in or put it in N it stops vibrating..

could this be the u-joint? where it connects to the rear end??? or could this be tranny/clutch related..

we fuck man, she still vibrates... its really weird..

so now that i fixed the carrier bearing, i have really smooth take offs.. thumbs up!!

how ever from 40+ she vibrates.. now i know what ur thinkin, tire balance..

but this vibration is odd.. if i gun it an keep her burried.. no vibration.. once i try to level off my speed an stay bout 55-60 vibration... so it pretty much only when im goin a steady speed.. usualy when i put the clutch in or put it in N it stops vibrating..

could this be the u-joint? where it connects to the rear end??? or could this be tranny/clutch related..

Sounds drive shaft related... that rubber dough-nut fix will probably fix it.

as much as you probably dont want to. Take it to a lube shop and tell them to grease everything with a zerk. Shouldnt cost you too much, maybe 10 bucks. Or go out and buy a grease gun and do it yourself, at that point your in it about 20 bucks.