Not your everyday Datsun 520!!!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't going to be any progress for the next month. I have to go to Florida for a deployment. I am not looking forward to the time lost on the truck but I guess you have to do what you have to do... Look forward to lots of body work and body mods when I get back. Come November I only have like 5 months to get all the body done and have it a roller so it can go to the paint shop while I am in Iraq for 6 to 9 months....

this map shows where avon park is, look for the green arrow. it's in central florida not too close to.. .anything, much less tampa.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=avon+park,+fl&ie=UTF8&ll=27.822074,-81.811066&spn=1.394267,2.202759&z=9&om=1

you see that gray area to the east of avon park? that's the bombing range... that's why somebody in the military would have to go to avon park florida, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, just before deployment to iraq, for specific training, on a bombing range...

be safe man.

Sweet, I finially got to a computer with internet... Drastic, If I get a chance I will get up that way but it isn't looking good at the moment. We are working 12 hrs on 12 hrs off with some crazy times... 11 pm to 11 am.... I don't miss the south I will tell you that, other than being able to get sweet tea....Man the humidity is horrible!!! I want to go back to Arizona!!!! This place is crazy. There is no cell reception out here.... Nothing to do but eat, sleep, run, and work.... The food is too good.... They brought in a catering service to cook for us everyday, 4 times a day. These ladies are amazing. As of right now the plan is to get back home on the first. I can't stand the idea of the Dat just sitting there. Drastic, I sent you a pm.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I made it home and it took me a week to be able to even touch the Dat.. My mother in law came down to visit so I couldn't play... As soon as we got back today from dropping her off at the airport I got to work... I got the front hoops bent for the bags... Also got the bed pulled off and leveled up on stands so I can weld it up and get to work cleaning the frame for the link and notch... I will get some pics up tomorrow so you can see....

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has been a bit since I have got to work on the 520 but tonight I goth the frame ground down and all of the unneeded brackets off and a little paint on it to keep the rust away.

HPIM1073.jpg

HPIM1074.jpg

HPIM1072.jpg

I am probly going to end up with a simple bag over axle setup in the rear depending on how much lift I end up with in the front.. I want it to sit level when it is aired up... I need a notch and my link now...