My First DATSUN!!!!

so here is what i have done lately, i cut out the rust holes in the floor board and beat out some patch panels by hand and welded them in, then i sealed the floor with a primer sealer and coated it with the duplicolor bedliner, sorry i forgot to take a pic of the bedliner with the seat out. also i bought some 3 inch blocks and re indexed the torsion bars. the truck sits so much cleaner now!!! amazing what that did for the appearance. remember the old nasty engine bay? a couple of dollar cans of oven cleaner made it shine like new!!! got the truck transferred and insured and the insurance company lowered my yearly bill 67 bucks because we have so many vehicles, i guess its like a car lot discount lol. went and found a pretty rusty donor truck today and got a few parts off of it, i got the grille minus one trim ring:(, the shifter, the mint ashtray, the mint cigarette lighter, the egr/seatbelt light, and a couple of small parts all for 35$ old man didnt want to bargain with me but i think i got a good deal:) i was looking for a radio knob, a turn signal lens, and the little chrome piece on the air vents but the radio was smashed and the chrome pieces were gone:( the truck had some nice taillights that i will probably go back and get and maybe the drivers rocker panel ( i didnt even look to see if it was rusty or not:mad: IMG_0298.jpgIMG_0297.jpgIMG_0308.jpgIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0306.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0327.jpgIMG_0326.jpgrockerpanel.jpgIMG_0410.jpgIMG_0409.jpgIMG_0408.jpgIMG_0407.jpg1234.jpgshift.jpgparts.jpgIMG_0413.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the pictures are not showing.

ok deafbob got them fixed, my girlfriend decided to "organize" the photobucket and put all the datsun pictures in their own file even though when you do it it says warning!!! moving the selected files will kill your linked photos, i forgive her though, she is a blonde lol:cool:

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: not much has changed but i have done a few little things, starting college and a new job soon so hopefully the newfound knowledge and wealth will help me with my project. I bought a tach for the truck today but do not have it nor have it installed yet (pics to come). Since my last post i found a donor truck for a gas tank, removed it painted it and installed it. now i dont have a boat gas tank waiting to explode in my bed!! and wow the gas mileage is great on this truck!!! paid 10 bucks for the tank so im not complaining. also i have rebuilt the winshield wiper pump, and installed some carpet mats that i made out of scrap carpet i got from a local carpet manufacturer (they make carpet for honda and nissan cars!!) and of course i finally installed a ratsun sticker. much much more to come but financially at the moment i am on a stand still, but hopefully working at oreilys will have its benefeits!!

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

ratsu.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking about going with a color close to toyotas new spruce mica, and of course titans

missed this one till now, great stuff. why not paint it a pretty root beer color linda like it has now. then some orange wheels....maybe not but that is what i picture when i see your truck.

i agree 100% but i cant get those damn bolts off that are on the exhaust manifold, i was gonna do it one day but i said the hell with it, i have a new motor waiting to go in that already has that shit removed but im waiting to put the new motoe in until i can afford to rebuild my mikunis and get a sloppy cam

im ridding my engine of egr components in order to combat my numerous vacumm leaks and to tune up my truck a bit so i can #1 get better gas mileage #2 drive my truck daily and #3 drive my truck without the risk of breaking down due to carb trouble. so far i have removed everything egr and readied my new intake for my carb, right now im working on a mounting bracket for my throttle cable because im using a u65 manifold that has had the bolt holes ground off, here is a few pics, take note the block off plate for the bcdd solenoid and the old school float window i installed :cool:

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...