My FJ20 turbo 610sss project

610SSS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went up to my mates place today and took some schnappers of his 510 and 1000 2 door goon (not sure what there called in usa maybe 110)?.

Picture245.jpg

Picture246.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture251.jpg

The 510 is fj20t and there is a spare fj20t and ca18t + heaps of other t25&t3 turbos:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a super clean yellow original 2 door goon like that a short while ago here on ebay with fake wood siding on it. I think they were called F-10's here and had front drive.

Hey those TRX wheels are pretty common there! Mine had them, but the seller wanted to keep them and I got the stock rollers with three original hubcaps even! :cool: Now it gots the wide Wats on it. :D

Just got a pair of seats from the bloke with the sheetmetal parts. They were the original chocolaty brown poo coloured ones....:lol: But hey, that's what the interior was like in the 70's man!

Nice to see the progress on your SSS! Did you get all the J-lines off?

No I mean get a cylinder and cut a hole in the door for it. Make sure the cylinder arm slips into a slit or hole when locked and your done.

That's what I would think to do anyway but I don't own a 610 so lol.

Cool, maybe I'm missing something about it but Idk how to add the lock with out a hole?

The lock cylinder is completely interchangeable with any 610 fuel door!

No need to cut any more holes! They ALL have the same hole in the door wether it is a 610, 180B or Bluebird U.

Some early US spec 610's known as the Datsun 1800 even came with them! That's pre 73 model year. 71 or 72 but most likely a 72 since the 71's were primarily only made for Japan to test them first before marketing to the rest of the world. :D

What am I missing here? If you have a door with no lock and you want to add one with out replacing the door how would you add the cylinder and not cut a hole? Magic?

I'm still waiting on bonvos explanation from weeks ago too lol.

What am I missing here? If you have a door with no lock and you want to add one with out replacing the door how would you add the cylinder and not cut a hole? Magic?

what do you mean when i changed locks? my door already had a lock in it i just didnt have a key for said lock so i replaced the cylinder with the one from the yellow car my whole car uses the same key the yellow one did

What are you missing here?????? How about a brain? LOL! Read the last post right before you posted this!!! It could not be stated anymore clearly than it was. Not f-ing Magic! The hole is there already!! Why would you need to cut a hole? They all have holes with or with out a locking device! :cool::lol:

Hey 610SSS!

I thought you might be puzzled by the J-lines! All 610's have them. They are the swooping metal finishers that are shaped like a J line on the sides of the car on the doors and side rear windows. JDM brochures refer to them as the J-lines on the car! This gives the car the sporty look that we all love and makes the car seem to be in motion even when sitting still. :D

what do you mean when i changed locks? my door already had a lock in it i just didnt have a key for said lock so i replaced the cylinder with the one from the yellow car my whole car uses the same key the yellow one did

Bonvo, he was referring to the fuel door lock, remember? He does not have a 610 so I tried to explain it to him. :cool:

No I mean get a cylinder and cut a hole in the door for it. Make sure the cylinder arm slips into a slit or hole when locked and your done.

That's what I would think to do anyway but I don't own a 610 so lol.

Cool, maybe I'm missing something about it but Idk how to add the lock with out a hole?

the pics will explain everything :P

Then there was nothing lol. Now reading there was a lock there you just didn't have the key I better understand.

U guys didnt get a gas lock on the us 610s?

no ours have a pull tab kinda gay

I was thinking there was no lock since that's what was posted.

Edited by 72240z
What are you missing here?????? How about a brain? LOL! Read the last post right before you posted this!!! It could not be stated anymore clearly than it was. Not f-ing Magic! The hole is there already!! Why would you need to cut a hole? They all have holes with or with out a locking device! :cool::lol:

YOU should have read the previous posts. Shocking as it may were there were previous relevant posts prior to you crawling out from where ever.

good to see the progress progressing and dude i would kill for a gas door lock

A lock is a lock and a key is a key, they are 2 different things so when some says they want a lock I think there wasn't one there. PARDON me if thats incorrect but I was genuinly trying to understand.

That's were I leave it too I'm not trying to side jack this nice thread arguing with some noob over bs.

oh oh oh ok now i remember lol on a 610 here in the states instead of the lock cylinder they put a pull tab in that goes threw the hole where the lock cylinder lives to put a lock in its as simple as removing the clip that holds the pulltab in and replacing it with the lock cylinder

610sss the car is looking great i cant wait for video of it driving as for your j lines you have them there the black trim along the door and back 1/4 windows in your last pic

610sss the car is looking great i cant wait for video of it driving as for your j lines you have them there the black trim along the door and back 1/4 windows in your last pic

thnx dude:cool:

oK so i have the j lines but i dont have the SSS badges yet.

YOU should have read the previous posts. Shocking as it may were there were previous relevant posts prior to you crawling out from where ever.

A lock is a lock and a key is a key, they are 2 different things so when some says they want a lock I think there wasn't one there. PARDON me if thats incorrect but I was genuinly trying to understand.

That's were I leave it too I'm not trying to side jack this nice thread arguing with some noob over bs.

I READ the previous posts! That's why I was trying to explain that the pull tab uses the same hole as for the lock. EXCUSE me for trying to help you understand! :confused: There still never was a lock there, only a pull tab that uses the same hole in the fuel door for a lock. Bonvo also explains it well in the previous post. So hopefully you've figured it out by now. :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...