My FJ20 turbo 610sss project

610SSS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would keep the sun roof also, thats got to be kinda rare to see today, it is factory isn't it.:confused:

rust problems look to be not much, should be easy to repair.

Do you plan on putting a new white vinyl top back on.. another cool option that I like.

did I say I fricking love that car, its got lot of good things going for it. :D

I dont know if its factory or not:confused:

I hate vinyl so its stayin off car will be all 1 colour:cool:

Also im thinking about EFI either for the L or maybe a nissan motor....turbo of course:cool:

Subscribed the second I saw it, love it.

Sunroof is now out, will probably clean up the chrome and put it back in after its painted:cool:

Picture229.jpg

Picture231.jpg

And the worst bit of rust in the car

Picture232.jpg

have some information regarding sheet metal parts .was looking around EBAY and noticed a company making sheet metal replacment parts for the 510,1600, and 610 he is in AU but offers shipping to the states check it out Email address is customsteelworkscanberra@gmail.com it nice when you can buy parts pre made :)

I couldnt find a web site, i just emailed him.

probably gonna get him to send me a piece to cover my sunroof hole, with the right curve of course:rolleyes:

Tomorrow i start sanding, the fun continues:cool:

Iv spoken to afew ppl about welding up the sunroof hole and every1 said the rooof will warp alot so i guess its staying:)

Been sanding the glue off the roof, also found alot of body filler so im thinking the sunroof and vinyl were done sometime in the 90s:blink:

SoMe PiCs

Picture233.jpg

Picture234.jpg

Picture236.jpg

Picture237.jpg

Picture238.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Looks like someone has brazed the roof or something before:blink:

Picture240.jpg

LoL im an idiot:p

But over here we call it petrol:cool:

U guys didnt get a gas lock on the us 610s?

no ours have a pull tab kinda gay

You could add one pretty damn easy, just get a regular datsun/aftermarket cylinder and cut a hole.......

no need to cut a hole ill take a pic tomorrow of a us spec 610 fuel door and show you how it works

:unsure: I dont understand, cut a hole in a cylinder and then what???

No I mean get a cylinder and cut a hole in the door for it. Make sure the cylinder arm slips into a slit or hole when locked and your done.

That's what I would think to do anyway but I don't own a 610 so lol.

no need to cut a hole ill take a pic tomorrow of a us spec 610 fuel door and show you how it works

Cool, maybe I'm missing something about it but Idk how to add the lock with out a hole?

No I mean get a cylinder and cut a hole in the door for it. Make sure the cylinder arm slips into a slit or hole when locked and your done.

That's what I would think to do anyway but I don't own a 610 so lol.

Cool, maybe I'm missing something about it but Idk how to add the lock with out a hole?

the pics will explain everything :P

as for the sunroof might i sugest replacing it with a solid peice of plexiglass les moving parts and if its tinted it would look bad ass