:D What did your truck do to you today??

LCDC

A month ago or so my kingcab blew a fuse on the way back from couer D' Alene Idaho, not thinking, since the fuel gage went down to empty and the truck sputtered out and died, and when i pulled over and tried to restart it and the battery was dead too, I thought I had gotten a hole in the gas tank some how and ontop of that had a dead battery. Last week I finally discovered a blown fuse. I think my truck was jealous cuz it knew I wanted to drive the 74 more often and threw a tantrum.

Tonight I unlocked my passengers door so i could unlock my drivers door, and as I went to close the passengers door, I jammed the bottom of the door into my schinn. So it got me thinking, the first thing I thought about was the "what did you do to your truck today" thread, so here I decided to make a spoof of that thread.

ymyouch.jpg

Bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, mystery breakdowns that take forever to figure out that it was something simple, what ever post it here.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 bad engines, PO fucked some shit up on her, 4 speed died, gas gauge and water temp gauge marks them too high! Once she ran out of gas because of that but some how it still rolled into a gas station from a good 1/4 of a mile away. WTF? Lots of busted knuckles and burns and cuts and I wont give up on her...

Wayyyy back in the day when my now brother in law and I first met, we were chasnging out his 4 speed and puttin in a 5. He had a 75. His truck was on the ramps and we were under it puttin in the new tranny. Well someone :confused: forgot to pull the e brake and with all the movin around underneath, the truck rolled off the ramps and pinned me under it.:eek: Rob moved his fat ass out of the way as soon as the truck started movin. So there I was pinned under this Datsun with a 5 speed smashin my arm. That was not a fun day and needless to say I don't get under any of his vehicles anymore.:lol::lol:

A few years later I paid him back though, of course by accident.:blink:

He was adjusting the points on his '73 with a screw driver. He asked me if the ignition was off and I said "yup key is off". He stuck the screw driver in there and got jolted with a bajillion volts of electricity.:eek: The screw driver got thrown a great distance, we never found it again.:lol: So, I am not allowed near the ignition when we do electrical work together:lol::lol:

Beleive it or not, we are good friends:blink:

A month ago or so my kingcab blew a fuse on the way back from couer D' Alene Idaho, not thinking, since the fuel gage went down to empty and the truck sputtered out and died, and when i pulled over and tried to restart it and the battery was dead too, I thought I had gotten a hole in the gas tank some how and ontop of that had a dead battery. Last week I finally discovered a blown fuse. I think my truck was jealous cuz it knew I wanted to drive the 74 more often and threw a tantrum.

Tonight I unlocked my passengers door so i could unlock my drivers door, and as I went to close the passengers door, I jammed the bottom of the door into my schinn. So it got me thinking, the first thing I thought about was the "what did you do to your truck today" thread, so here I decided to make a spoof of that thread.

ymyouch.jpg

Bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, mystery breakdowns that take forever to figure out that it was something simple, what ever post it here.

wait...

you live in idaho? where?

Well yesterday let me see I crushed my hand gotta have surgery YAY. I was getting the drums off for an inspection and cleaning. The old man was in charge of making sure the truck was on stands and set to not roll. Well I should have know better because I was kinda out of it. Well here I am tinkering on the truck and I get to hearing a creek from up front and WHAM. Truck rolled to the point the jack stands tilted and the truck fell. Well my hand was near the bump stop since I was replacing the brake lines. Yea I made a new language and kicked the crap out of my dad. Went to the hospital and got a few laughs, so that was my day with my truck, pictures later its nasty and pussy.

Hey at least you dont live in CDA parts are impossible and towns too small.

Hey now, no bagging on Coeur d' Alene! And note, it is spelled correctly here LCDC! :D I grew up in Coeur d' Alene, sadly Spokane had more jobs and cheaper houses, hence the move. Eventually I might be back on the Idaho side of the border, who knows. Maybe I'll start a Datsun parts store, that'll be fun for the other 15 customers and myself! Hehe. Seriously though, go to NAPA there, they should be able to get just about any Datsun stuff you want, although 320 stuff is notoriously hard to find regardless of the state. Even at the warehouse, I don't have much for Datsuns past popular 70's models. Other than common hard parts.

You ratsuners will be happy to know however, that I have started editing min/maxs for common Datsun parts that we normally wouldn't stock. I need to make a list for my full project, but as of right now, there are two 510 rear lca bushings on the shelf at the NAPA main store.

Hey now, no bagging on Coeur d' Alene! And note, it is spelled correctly here LCDC! :D I grew up in Coeur d' Alene, sadly Spokane had more jobs and cheaper houses, hence the move. Eventually I might be back on the Idaho side of the border, who knows. Maybe I'll start a Datsun parts store, that'll be fun for the other 15 customers and myself! Hehe. Seriously though, go to NAPA there, they should be able to get just about any Datsun stuff you want, although 320 stuff is notoriously hard to find regardless of the state. Even at the warehouse, I don't have much for Datsuns past popular 70's models. Other than common hard parts.

You ratsuners will be happy to know however, that I have started editing min/maxs for common Datsun parts that we normally wouldn't stock. I need to make a list for my full project, but as of right now, there are two 510 rear lca bushings on the shelf at the NAPA main store.

i used to know this crazy guy who moved from Coeur d' Alene to here... im glad he moved back lol

I got mine up to about 95 through the express lanes in Seattle. I was looking up at all the concrete above me and started thinking, if we have a earthquake I'm fucked. So I smashed out and almost hit a hundy. I was suprized its only got an L16.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Well over the past few weeks (6 to be exact)I have been trying to get my driveshaft fixed. With the Lexus transmission and the supra rearend I had to make something up to work. About a year ago I had a piece made to bolt to the Lexus transmission, It had a slight vibration at 40 then @ 80 or so. Frikkin aggravating after a while. So I went to a local driveshaft shop, dude was an @$$, but he gave me a good machine shop to work with. After a few weeks of working with the shop I was at a dead end again. I went to another driveshaft shop that I was told had closed down but is very much still open. Dude there is amazing, we had a solution in about 30min or so. I had to have this one piece machined to make it all work, after three weeks I got it back today. I put it on and suddenly realize I'm still screwed, SO I guess after all the cutting I have done on this thing and modifing she likes to give me the FINGER!!!when ever she can, an today was an oppertune time. The trans has an alignment shaft that sticks out past the mounting surface of the driveshaft, well I'm so lucky. It's now is in the way of the u-joint. SO now I have to cut it off.

I would love to smak the crap out of her, but then that would just be that much more body work to fix later on.

All I want to do is drive around and enjoy a smooth ride in my hotrod.:mad:

Edited by 1971Datsupra
needed a title
  • 1 year later...