Car Models

Not sure if anyone else into building scale car models here... but anyone else is more than welcome to add their stuff in this thread if they are!

I have been working with models since I was kid but mostly military type vehicles and such. Not too along I got back into it while my lady has been away at school...

This is a mild bosozoku/shakotan style Celica XX I just finished this past Monday... just in time for a model contest next weekend at my local hobby shop. Not too shabby but I think I could do better next time!

datsun002-1.jpg

datsun004-1.jpg

datsun005-1-1.jpg

If you look closely inside you can spot the "flower" shift knob!

datsun008-1.jpg

Here's a VIP style Aristo complete with "bag" action I'm still working on...

datsun088.jpg

datsun085.jpg

datsun086.jpg

datsun090.jpg

datsun084.jpg

Here's a Z33 I haven't even started yet:

l_2a45a134e2af44308182125eac8d29b9.jpg

These are a couple of the other Classic Japanese car models I picked up recently (I have this thing for big/old Japanese sedans) :

datsun007-1.jpg

This one is an older Aoshima kit... probably kinda rare as I have not seen anyone with the same kit...

datsun006-1.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeto i love the Celica. The body kit looks like an actual kit sold back in the early 90's i believe it was called a "shogun" kit. Anyways i built a few models years ago but im no way near as good at it as you are.

A snap tite 720...

KieraandHotwheels019.jpg

& a RHD 720. This one i detailed it a bit more...

KieraandHotwheels018.jpg

Thanks... I think there are people out there that do a way better job than me though! :) Those 720's are cool! I'd like to get my hands on a few of those Datto trucks... mostly the only trucks I find are Toyo's.

modelZcar002.jpg

This is one I put together a couple years back. Cool thing is I have a real car just like it.

modelZcar004.jpg

carpictures016.jpg

The real one

modelcarround2001.jpg

Man car models are hard to take a pic of.

modelcarround2004.jpg

This is a first run 350Z model I picked up back in 03. Had Mr. "K" sign it for me at Nissan HQ

modelcarround2005.jpg

Had him sign the body also.

modelcarround2006.jpg

This one I've had for at least 12 years. Had both John Morton & Peter Brock sign it for me.

modelcarround2010.jpg

This is your standard revell model I think I have like 2 or 3 of them.

Edited by datrod
datrod! That's awesome! Seems like I always missed Mr. K when he was round... he probably never return back to the USA due to his health... :(

Yea the dude is like a 100 years old. I've been into datsuns for 15 years or so. I have alot of stuff signed by Mr K. when he used to come to cali for shows and stuff. The last time was back in 03. I think that was the last time he was here. :(

Looks good Bonvo. I say build it. You have that truck in your back yard right?

Weird how car models are hard to get a good picture. The first few I took were really bad.

Looks good Bonvo. I say build it. You have that truck in your back yard right?

Weird how car models are hard to get a good picture. The first few I took were really bad.

thats the plan :D got to get the datto up and running first so i have somthing to drive

To those who live in Southern California, the Japanese chain Mitsuwa Market usually has local vendors of other than groceries inside. Their "toy shops" have all the latest JDM car models and even some die cast items. A few are even motorized with either wired or wireless remote controls. The assembly instructions are usually, but not always, bilingual.

Edited by MikeRL411
spelling

heres a chev toy i modified, still rolls.

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

and here is my current project

012808_2031a.jpg

im modifing a 1st gen xmods chassis to fit it :cool:

012808_2044a.jpg

but its hard to find time for lil toys, when the big toys demand all my attention.

heres a chev toy i modified, still rolls.

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1558.jpg

and here is my current project

012808_2031a.jpg

im modifing a 1st gen xmods chassis to fit it :cool:

012808_2044a.jpg

but its hard to find time for lil toys, when the big toys demand all my attention.

nice and another xmod guy on top of it what ones do you have? i have the camaro the black skyline the 350z the firebird and the hummer