Hub-centric wheel spacers

After searching on the subject of hub-centric vs lug-centric wheels, I am curious if any one has found a source for 6- 10mm wheel spacers that incorporate a hub-centric ring?

Some of the technical articles written on the subject tend to lean more toward using hub-centric rings, even when the wheels have a tapered lug nut. But when a small spacer is required, how do you utilize a hub-centric ring?

Does this have much, if any impact with a light weight, little car like our 510's

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ichibausa.com/

let use know who they are.

there is a 5 mm for like 65$

http://www.ichibausa.com/5mmalwhsp2.html dont know if you really need the wheel studs but they come with them.(less likey to use if you run those Z car wheels with the long shank lugs) as they grab alot of thread

Acorn lugs you might need to use the longer wheel studs. Hopefully good quality as I bought a Taiwan one and installed it and when got up to torq specs they just turned on the wheel. Knurling is not quite the same specs.Stuck a Jap one back in and it was fine.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
After searching on the subject of hub-centric vs lug-centric wheels, I am curious if any one has found a source for 6- 10mm wheel spacers that incorporate a hub-centric ring?

Some of the technical articles written on the subject tend to lean more toward using hub-centric rings, even when the wheels have a tapered lug nut. But when a small spacer is required, how do you utilize a hub-centric ring?

Does this have much, if any impact with a light weight, little car like our 510's

Koenig wheel dealers have a family of spacers which they use to insure that their wheels are properly centered on the hubs of various cars. Don't know if they have any in the thickness you are talking about, but if there's a Koenig wheel dealer near you drop by and ask. The worst thing that could happen is that they say "no".

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this while looking for a pic of your 510.

I've made some spacers before out of the old rear drums. They're right about that thickness and they are already hub centric. Just have to cut a disc out of the front of it. I did it on the lathe :)

H&R springs makes hub centric spacers that are hub centric to the rotor/hub and have the new hub centric ring for the wheels and can be ordered in lots of different thicknesses.

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/trak/

Looks like the spacers are available from 6-90mm.

the only issue with H&R is they are expencive. VERY expencive. i have them on my 93 Passat, but mine are adapterspacers, that cost me well over $400 to get. but it came with new bolts to mount them and i was able to retain my OE lugs when the wheels were mounted.i have had mine for about 3 years now with no issues. tire shops hate me but to flippin bad.

I went through the trouble to get a set of hub-centric spacers for my 510. The fronts fit around the hub center nicely, but since there's no hub sticking out on the rear it's useless on the back. I have acorn nuts which work just fine. If you have those lugnuts I wouldn't worry about the hub centric thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well said..since that is the purpose of the tapered lug in the first place. I would almost go so far as to caution you against purchasing anything hub-centric. I have had and heard of far more problems with them than I ever have with lug-centric.

I went through the trouble to get a set of hub-centric spacers for my 510. The fronts fit around the hub center nicely, but since there's no hub sticking out on the rear it's useless on the back. I have acorn nuts which work just fine. If you have those lugnuts I wouldn't worry about the hub centric thing.