140z???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got a little info to pull up on here, there is a member on here by the name of 140z and he has a blue one, I just quoted from here: 75 b210 fastback

Looks like the same one aaron posted about.

Yes, it`s got leaf springs at the rear.

Here`s some pics with my new wheels .Racing Heart 17`s

newwheels2-1.jpg

newwheels1-1.jpg

also see older pics at http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/austin/489/

They are really nice looking but I think for balance they almost require flares. Maybe its just me, the lack of side character leaves me wanting/needing more.

Except that B210 hatchbacks don't have taillights like that....

Well aware...but the wonders of making worldwide friends has its advantages!

Edited by zerow
Guest jaimesix
Except that B210 hatchbacks don't have taillights like that... gotta import a PB210 for that. Jaime I think (or somebody over here) recently bought the taillight panel, but I don't think he has enough parts to fit i.

I wish it was me Gzilla....:( not yet!!!! ( I will not give up, sooner or later I will get what I am looking for....)

That cool "Z" has not only different tail lamps , but a different grille and front lamps, together with factory "L" series engines and factory twin carburetors.

The front section is different and the front bumper is pointier.

Also, it has round gauges instead of the squared ones B210s got in the US.

I better stop mentioning all its good points, because I get depressed knowing the closest 140Z and 160Z is far, FAR away from me!!!!!!!:(

Jaime.____________________________________________________

The cars that have been posted are in immaculate condition. If you ask me, because of the styling, those look like cars that could be in production today. Considering the whole new retro fad that's been sweeping the automakers, I wish Nissan would do an actual retro car and not just a little hint of a throwback on a new car.

• 1 year later...

That looks like the bitchin'est B210 I've ever seen! But on a note of throwback cars, I thought about that today. If I was to buy a new retro car, how would I go about doing it?

I can see the conversation with the salesman now:

Me: Yeah, I want it, how do I get rid of all the bells and whistles?

Salesman: What do you mean?

Me: I don't want bluetooth sync capability, I don't want any buttons in the steering wheel besides the horn button. I don't want airbags, I don't want ABS, I don't want traction control, I don't want a navagation system, I don't want power windows or locks, but I DO want a manual transmission and a limited slip differential.

Salesman: You don't want any of that? We can't do that?

Me: Bullshit. Call the factory, tell them to make me one special minus the 8 miles of additional wiring and crap that breaks.

And so it would go for a few minutes until I'd get pissed off and leave. This is just a scenario if I had money to afford a new car, of course! :D

I think it would work this way:

Salesman: Here is out new incredible non-retro "heritage" Nissan B210. Only $20,000

Me: I want the no extras version

Salesman: We have one base model for $15,000

Me: I want the no extras version

Salesman: we could do that, but we don't have one in stock, and it's gonna cost you extra to order it from Japan

True story: My co-worker ordered a new Jetta with manual windows, etc. Cost here $2000 more than the one with power windows. But they ordered one.

Or you could buy the beautiful 140Z that's for sale right now $7,500 in new zealand

B210 has inspired dreamers ever since it debuted.

Here is a classic design study by Harry Bradley

19893.jpg

The design on teh right is quite lovely! Makes me want to see it for real!!