my ka runs like shit!!

jesusno2

I'm about ready to put carbs on this motor! Single cam runs so rich I can't be in the garage with it more than about 2 min. I've swapped injectors to factory nissan ones changed the maf put coolant in it, adusted the timing. Put 3 different fuel pressure regulators on it. Nothing seems to change its fouling plugs left and right. Adjusted the tps to 0.5 volts idles like crap bellows smoke. The one thing I have yet to try is a new tps, and swapping the ecu for another I have. I have a hunch the ecu is not the case but I'm gonna try. Any other ideas fellas, wiring maybe? Injectors are pulsing and their no sticking already checked that!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though I don't care if it was in the middle of freaking antartica this will will hydro lock the cylinders its dumping so much fuel! To it even if it was -40 it wouldn't be this rich. I'm gonna try a TPS and after that ill try a different ecu if that don't work I'm puttin carbs on the mother fu'@$#*

Timings good the car will start and stay running its just dumping to much fuel I need a tps to try and see if it fixes it mine I can totally remove it and manually twist the sob like it would be at full throttle, and it does nothing at all. On any other engine I've seen just bumping the tps outta whack the slightest bit will throw the ecu for a loop. I'm wondering if my ecu is thinking the engine is at full throttle? And the TPS is shot.

The injectors are working I actually bought a noid light to see that they were pulsing like they should and they are.so the ecu is controling them. Although it sure seemed awful fast pulsing action! I then actually removed each injector and hooked 12 volts to them and they are working both sets I have are working like they should. You can physically seem them open and close.

Well I found something interesting. I was staring at black plug that plugs directly into the front of the TPS yesterday. I noticed the TPS has three prongs on it, and my harness only has 2 wires that plug into it? Anybody else have a ka harness that can tell me if this is correct. I'm unsure if their is a difference in harnesses year to year, or from manual cars to automatic cars. The engine was originally mated to a automatic, and the harness is for a manual trans car. So this causes me some concern.

I'm not sure but if you think the TPS is the problem, then if you unplug it then the ECM will run a default "get you home" program and it would run better then it is now. I know that mass air sensors do. It sounds like a engine temp sensor though you may want unplug that and try it???

Good Luck WRAT

Any other ideas fellas, wiring maybe?

Karma Maybe?

How about you get together with me and send me some money ASAP for that work you were supposed to do for me 2+ years ago? What do you think? I think that would fix your KA right up personally....

I have Pm'd you a bunch of times with no response get with me and get this settled. I would prefer you handle this like a man and take care of your obligations instead of being an internet troll. Get with me in PM (as this has no place to be discussed in open forum) and get this paid and I assure you I will not interact with you again....

Back to our regular program...

Wacky......

Karma Maybe?

How about you get together with me and send me some money ASAP for that work you were supposed to do for me 2+ years ago? What do you think? I think that would fix your KA right up personally....

I have Pm'd you a bunch of times with no response get with me and get this settled. I would prefer you handle this like a man and take care of your obligations instead of being an internet troll. Get with me in PM (as this has no place to be discussed in open forum) and get this paid and I assure you I will not interact with you again....

Back to our regular program...

TPS is a 3 wire Bosch style plug, no doubt about that. It's the only one on that harness too so Idk how it could be mistaken. Then the nissan style plug coming off the TB is the on/off idle switch.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure unplugging (just) the tps doesn't throw the ecu into limp mode either.

And damn someone got some financial issues going on? :-X

Door bells man door bells lol........

Edited by 72240z