Project: Nekid, five two one

thats a wierd seam in the parking light valance about 2/3 the way onto the passenger side. looks like a patch job. or my eyes could be decieving me. I m bummed my parking light valance is all pushed in by that pass. parking light. oh well truck looks sick cant wait to cruise with you, we could be brother and sister 521's. Let me know when you want that sand balsting done. Hopefully my 521 will be back on the orad by then too. gonna go put the exhaust and intake on this weekend. gettin close ......cant wait..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i wanted to ask how many teeth did you reindex....i ended up doing like 3 cause one did absolutly nothing.....i have reindexed plenty of other trucks and 1-2 teeth were plenty. this one is the only one i have had to move so far. and on top of that the drivers side torsion bar is so loose at the same thread count setting that its loose in the cradle. once i get it back on the ground withthe motor and the rest of the stuff in it i will be able to tell better. just curious how many teeth you went.

yes, there was a patch job on the front. they replaced a big portion of it that goes back to the drivers side inner fender well. i re-indexed the bars 3 teeth. yeah, im looking forward to meeting up with you. i'll come down sometime this month to get the parts blasted. you going to canby? we could cruise down together

when is it? I i been into datsun since high school but havent followed the fourms till the 521 project. this is sad to admit but i threw away a nice 2dr. 510 with no rust because it had bubble flairs and someone did a shitty job puttin them on. car was never wrecked jus ruined front fenders and quarters bubbling them. and when i say throw away i mean i disposed of it in a wooded area down a long hill with many, many roll overs involved. drunk and stupid ten years ago. i have kicked myself many times for that.

it's june 13th and 14th. should be fun.

yeah i bet youre kicking yourself over that 510. we do, do dumb things when were young huh. i had a '76 620 in high school. i loved that truck. had a lot of good times in it. i remember getting a two page "fix it" ticket once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got a bunch of work done this weekend. trying to get it ready for its first show at the end of the month. i stripped more paint out of the interior and got most of the front end pieces back on. scored some tri-bar headlights and i'm just waiting for those to get here. got the dash almost back together and wired. i'm getting the dash top pinstriped soon.

nekid002-1.jpg

nekid003.jpg

nekid005-1.jpg

nekid004-1.jpg

hoping to finish up with the rest of the paint stripping this week and then get the seats mounted up.

• 2 weeks later...

today i installed my taillights and a license plate housing. got it all maounted and in flat black.

nekid057.jpg

nekid058.jpg

also got the inside of the doors stripped down to metal and assembled.

nekid061.jpg

got a bunch of little stuff done today as well. the dash is out at the pinstripers gettin some artwork on it. i hope its back this week like he said. car show is next weekend.