Project: Nekid, five two one

sweet mike! i'll have to check it out. i'm going to be out for canby, my girlfriend got us tickets for a cruise instead. oh well, theres always next year.....

gee.....is that her way of telling you that she REALLY didn't want to go to a dato show??? :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, i worked pretty hard to get my truck ready for it first show this weekend. i got it all put back together and then time to take it to the pressure wash to clean up. so, i start her up and it sounds like crap. tried driving it and knew something was wrong, plus i was losing water. i shut it down and filled the radiator up again and let it sit. i chack it again and the thing is empty. i suspected that my head gasket was blown since my engine was vapor locked. i pulled the plugs and water shot out of the # 2, 3, and 4 cylinders. it was like a water cannon. anywho, pulled the valve cover to look at my mocha colored oil

nekid072.jpg

then i found a cool place to put my socket wrench and screwdriver on the top of my drivers front fender

nekid071.jpg

i dont think my head gasket is supposed to look like this

nekid074.jpg

thanx guys. i suspected something was wrong when i bought the truck, it just finally let go. it drank a lot of water and was hard to start. i have a gasket set on order and should have it this week. hope to be on the road by the weekend.

i thoguht that maybe the head might be warped and it was getting in that way, but the head is fine. i checked the other side of the gasket and it was starting to eat away into cylinder 4. there wasnt as much water in 4 as there was in 2 & 3. i just bought a fel-pro gasket set at schucks for $34.99. man, that kit has every gasket you need for the whole engine. very impressive.

i just bought a fel-pro gasket set at schucks for $34.99. man, that kit has every gasket you need for the whole engine. very impressive.

Damn it. I just spent 70 something for mine. And it wasn't even a Fel-Pro set. :mad:

Word to that! Tried doing mine. Gave up and took it to a shop. Glad to see you know what your doing. I was still trying to understand the whole concept of a four cylinder. Lived with V8s my whole life. Wish Id met you guys along time ago. Best of luck to you.