Project "Izzo"

izzo

So after getting the L20 back into this rig, and driving for a little while i noticed that the clutch kept peddle was getting pretty close to the floor before disengaging. It was bleed good, so figured it had to be a leak. But never did see any fluid on the ground. Well i checked it today and topped it off. Looked around under the truck to find any leaks, i found one super tiny dark spot right under the slave. It looks like it dripped once a day or two back as it was real light. Pumped the shit outta the clutch and took another look, just confirmed what i thought. Ill be getting a new hose and clutch slave soon to replace it.

IMAG0232.jpg

Now, I also know that my driver side rear cylinder has been leaking. I just filled it with fluid last week. It usually takes a few months before it drains back out. Had to fill it up again today and figured I had better take a look see. Lol... Looks like ill be ordering a wheel cylinder also.

IMAG0233.jpg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Trucks been sitting since i got tabs on the goon.

Brought it home today, man i missed that truck. That thing is so fast compared to my goon, power brakes are awesome too lol. cant believe how fast and peppy it is, to used to driving the slugish goon

haha, good question. Ive owned this longer than any other vehicle ive had. Didn't like it just sitting so brought it back here.

Once i find a L20 flywheel im going to daily it again till the motors done for the goon....

heres a short list

3" blocks for the back

Bodywork/paint (including floor pans replaced((Orange+black))

Find an 85/86 bed for it.

Then just enjoy it. Its easier saying what hasn't been replaced on this truck rather than saying whats new... Ill be using it to haul my quad around and w/e else. Might make a tow hitch for it.

Do you ever go surfing at the left point break in seaside?

If I make it to Canby next year.... .. .... there will be surfboards on the roof........... except I think it only breaks in the winter...... right?

Are you talking about the cove by tillamook head? I go there and walk on the beach a lot but don't surf :D

Once i find a L20 flywheel im going to daily it again till the motors done for the goon....

I have a flywheel you can have. Should be from a L20..6 bolt, 225mm clutch surface, needs resurfaced, or some very serious sandpaper work.

tha.jpg

Yup, replaced with a napa part. Doesn't leak anymore, and it works well. Napa parts are usually quality, they just piss me off sometimes with their shipping stuff..

I have a flywheel you can have. Should be from a L20..6 bolt, 225mm clutch surface, needs resurfaced, or some very serious sandpaper work.

Oh, i am interested. PM sending.

Your goon is a beater!!

and I love it! :P

A beater? :( :o :huh: :fu: :fu: :fu: I guess its a beater lol. But i only say that because of the amount of oil its leaking all over. Front cover is leaking, head gasket is starting to leak, oil drips a good rate out the pressure sensor lol....

soon as i get that Flywheel the motor will be getting built, speaking of, once i get that flywheel ill be getting ahold of you for the engine stand/cherry picker...

soon as i get that Flywheel the motor will be getting built, speaking of, once i get that flywheel ill be getting ahold of you for the engine stand/cherry picker...

Hey, i also have a spare set of front cover gaskets for the L16.

A beater? :( :o :huh: :fu: :fu: :fu: I guess its a beater lol. But i only say that because of the amount of oil its leaking all over. Front cover is leaking, head gasket is starting to leak, oil drips a good rate out the pressure sensor lol....

sounds like a beater to me :rofl: ;) ..........BUT A COOL BEATER LIKE ME Z ! Yeah man , do the head gasket at least , don't want to risk warp/crack cylinder head , timing cover while yer there ......... Oil pressure sending unit = teflon tape :D

sounds like a beater to me :rofl: ;) ..........BUT A COOL BEATER LIKE ME Z ! Yeah man , do the head gasket at least , don't want to risk warp/crack cylinder head , timing cover while yer there ......... Oil pressure sending unit = teflon tape :D

lol. its funny all this is going on in the wrong project thread :rofl:

DTP, I am waiting on a friend to get back to me about a flywheel. Once i get the word on that ill be heading over and picking it up. Goon will be off the road for a week or two while i build the motor. I haven't been driving it lately, unless its only a few blocks or so. After that i need to head up and borrow an engine hoist/stand. And get to work!!! Ill be sure to take pics and shit while im doing it.

shweeeeeeeeeeetttt ! :devil: yeah flywheels are a pain sometimes lol ! can be expensive or cheap in my experience there is no in between ! lol

Excited to hear a motor build for this :w00t:

Yeah , I know , working on my is the same ---> Fix 1 thing = finding 3 more things wrong :rofl:. But it's all good ! love doing some and hate others. hahaha

Ill be sure to take pics and shit while im doing it.

multi tasking ! lol ---> so your going to take pics , while :poop:-ing , and building the engine ! you are one talented dude ........ dude ! lol...... please no oics of da poop !

IM OUUUUUUTTTTT !!! :D

shweeeeeeeeeeetttt ! :devil: yeah flywheels are a pain sometimes lol ! can be expensive or cheap in my experience there is no in between ! lol

Excited to hear a motor build for this :w00t:

Yeah , I know , working on my is the same ---> Fix 1 thing = finding 3 more things wrong :rofl:. But it's all good ! love doing some and hate others. hahaha

multi tasking ! lol ---> so your going to take pics , while :poop:-ing , and building the engine ! you are one talented dude ........ dude ! lol...... please no oics of da poop !

IM OUUUUUUTTTTT !!! :D

:rofl: tooo funny. I wouldn't think getting a flywheel resurfaced should be to much. If i get quoted some insane bullshit price i will just do it myself with a flat block and some sand paper.

:rofl: tooo funny. I wouldn't think getting a flywheel resurfaced should be to much. If i get quoted some insane bullshit price i will just do it myself with a flat block and some sand paper.

me sorry , me thinking you had to buy anoder flywheel. a tousand a apologi :D es !

yeah man , you can with success just making sure there isn't too many heat cracks and you'll be good ;) brother and I did just that with an 81 rx7 flywheel .............. then we saw the dude drive it away and found out why we had to do that in the first place ! :lol:

Yeah , friends straight six 4.9 liter 1993 Ford F-150 , He had motor rebuilt , he gave an ok on a new cheapo clutch , the builders called back and said he needed to re-surface the flywheel for $50 to put clutch together , I told him to ask how much new , then they said $60. I told him to buy the new one. I called back a couple of days later telling them I lived near them and wanted to resurface a flywheel , machine a crank , etc... They qouted me $30 :rolleyes: <_< ........................ After seeing how shitty of a job they did on the rest of the rebuild ( seals , blowing oil threw plug holes , screwed up emmisions system that I fixed ) ......... I don't know how they keep their junk from getting caught in the machinery itself :blink: :lol:

• 2 months later...

so.. i swapped carbs from my truck to the car, and vise versa since the choke is dialed in better. Car has been running great, however i let my truck sit for a few weeks. Went out and fired it up and ran it for a while, and it wouldn't idle. I reset the idle mixture, time and time again, and just could not get it to idle. Couldn't figure out what the deal was, just figured something was clogged or it wasn't jetted properly for the L20. went and borrowed a weber from someone to toss on there and get the truck running properly and to double check that it was the carb that was creating the issue.

As i was starting to unbolt the first bolt i looked and realized, this weber has a damn cut of solenoid. Hooked it up, thing puurs like a kitten again. Truck runs so good, i am getting an alternator for it so its set and ready to drive.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I remember when you were selling this for cheeeep i waited a bit to long and he scooped it up before me.. It's a good thing he did , cuz i was just going to harvest the engine and trans for my ,, then un-started project  lizard mobile..