L20 Motor, 5 speed, mikunis etc for sale

So im trying to part out my old L20 or even sell as a set.

Would prefer local pick up but a sale is a sale

in-line fuel pump and pressure regulator that goes with the mikunis. Make offer

Nissan Comp Header. Good shape just one ding on the side Make Offer

CIMG0256.jpg

CIMG0257.jpg

CIMG0258.jpg

Pair of Mikuni 44phh carbs with manifold and troy ermish style center pull cable linkage. Carbs are in good shape. I dont know how to tune them or make them work right lol. trying to get 450OBO

CIMG0259.jpg

CIMG0260.jpg

CIMG0261.jpg

CIMG0262.jpg

CIMG0263.jpg

CIMG0264.jpg

CIMG0265.jpg

210 head on it that was worked by troy ermish. Dont know the specifics but it has bigger intake valves and a major port job, HD springs and a custom cam. i think the PO of my car paid like 2500 on this head. The intake valve measures 4.3cm on my trusty ruler. The bad. Lash pad fell off and rocker arm moved and nicked part of the cam lobe, still works fine though. Number 2 cylinder exhaust valve is burnt on one side. Make offer

CIMG0266.jpg

CIMG0267.jpg

CIMG0268.jpg

CIMG0269.jpg

CIMG0270.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

CIMG0272.jpg

CIMG0273.jpg

CIMG0274.jpg

Polished valve cover. In good shape not too many dings or scratches, no cap. make offer

CIMG0275.jpg

CIMG0276.jpg

L20b bottom end. In good shape. Carbon build up on number 2 cylinder from burnt exhaust valve but everything else looks to be in good shape. Has pertronix coil and dizzy new timing guides. Was told motor had 50k on it since rebuild.

CIMG0277.jpg

Also 280z (i think) 5 speed. Has a roadster clutch in it with about 20k miles on it. Shifts smooth. only somewhat grinds on downshifts. needs fluid in it make offer

CIMG0278.jpg

CIMG0279.jpg

CIMG0280.jpg

CIMG0281.jpg

[

Edited by NorCalDime
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All cylinders had no compression?

Then its worth nothing but hard to believe all clylinders.????? maybe cam timming off a link or something.

Somebody spent $2500 on a 210 head?a L 16 head?

You putting a KA in your car? Thats a nice car you have.

You u lived closer I would look at the carbs!!!!!!!!!!$450 is a good price.

Well im gonna pull the head off and see if a piston is fried. It started running on 3 cylinders after a spirited freeway drive. I guess i will know for sure when i tear it down.

The Ka is in there now, it is a blast!

And yeah i was skeptical about the head... But it is one that troy ermish built for him so i dunno lol. It loooks pretty worked over so maybe it is good.

Usually if one cylinder fails check

1) ck valve lash on that cylinder. Or lash pad fell out of retainer

2) ck distributor cap

3) ck spark plug ..

I found a FREE KA cause a guy said it wasnt running on one cly.He swapd coil packs ect>>>

The guy swapped in a SR in his 240sx.

Jeff Hino picked up the motor installed in a 510 and it ran fine after changing the spark plugs

Oh I forgot I seen cracked exhaust valves also(NO compression)

all clyinders NO compression means the guy lined up all the rings with the gap all in the same spot in the block. or all lash was adjusted to Zero

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

The 210 was barely adequate for the L16, why would anyone spend $2,500 to try to turn a 210 head into a 219? You can get a U-67 with 42mm intakes and 35mm exhaust and larger intake ports any day of the week for $50 from a wrecker. The PO must have a screw loose to put this on an L20B.

Must have killer compression too with all the milling done to it. The bottom of the lettering is missing. This would be good on a smaller L16 and would fool people with the stock casting number.

CIMG0271.jpg

Where's the vacuum advance? No advance is only used if racing.

The five speed looks to have been built about 1980.

I kind of figured you would go ka or sr as it seems you were having issues with the L20. I wish I had some cash as I would not mind buying your whole lot of parts. I know you will sell it all and have fun with the kA swap

• 2 months later...
Pretty much as seen in pic

:cursing: pix are blocked here :glare:

hopefully ill see it tonight...

def wanna check it out close!

its gonna get tanked regardless.

whats your plan on monday? id really only be able to get it on the return from canby (...maybe friday AM???)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.