Vtec 510

510Kid

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some people yes a L20 would be fine. I myself like EFI but am not really one to talk at the moment because all my EFI car's are taken apart at the moment :D So I'm rocking the L16 car :(

there was someone putting an S2000 motor in a 240z too :(:glare:

Yeah, it just isn't right.

For some people yes a L20 would be fine. I myself like EFI but am not really one to talk at the moment because all my EFI car's are taken apart at the moment :D So I'm rocking the L16 car :(

What motor do you have EFI on?

Motor availability, different/ never done before, knows more about Honda but is a closet 510 freak, no rules say you can't do anything you want to your car.

L20B is a nice motor for your 510.

You are all very helpful. Thanks. ;)

What motor do you have EFI on?

My truck has a single cam KA my car has a SR and my L car is soon to be dual cam KA. I do have a few other cars but those builds are basically up in the clouds or "dreams" as some people call them. "O yes I will build my dream car O yes it will be mine"

My truck has a single cam KA my car has a SR and my L car is soon to be dual cam KA. I do have a few other cars but those builds are basically up in the clouds or "dreams" as some people call them. "O yes I will build my dream car O yes it will be mine"

By KA you mean the KA24E? And I'm guessing SR is the SR20. Sorry, I'm still a noob :rolleyes:.

Well then I would say you are a Datsun purist. Some extreme purists would not allow any changes at all and a replacement motor has to be period correct meaning all the parts had to be available that year on that car. Others would allow a similar motor from the same series like an L18 or L20b. It would look like the original to most people but not to an extreme purist. Still others would have no problem with a different motor/tranny/diff/suspension parts BUT, the parts must all be Nissan... I mean after all.....:D And lastly the unclean non-purists to whom anything goes, including Honda or SBC motors.

Yep you got it!

any leads on a dime? where do you live? We always find them and sell them when they are done :D

Yeah I saw a couple in California, I live in Tucson, Az. I will drive, fly, run, swim...pretty much do whatever it takes to get one :D. I ship to boot camp Aug 3rd but I will work on it until that point. Hopefully I will have a good portion of it done by that date but projects never go as planned.

And to the post above ^, I think that manufacturers parts should stay with that manufacturer. Honda with Honda and Nissan with Nissan etc, etc...

Edited by 510Kid

And to the post above ^, I think that manufacturers parts should stay with that manufacturer. Honda with Honda and Nissan with Nissan etc, etc...

I somewhat agree, I don't see the point of running a non nissan engine due to the amount of RWD ones they make but I would like to run 3rd gen RX7 suspension in my dime. Maybe in another life :D I guess I also wouldn't my running a busa engine in a 1200 too :D So I guess I don't really care what people do to them :D

I somewhat agree, I don't see the point of running a non nissan engine due to the amount of RWD ones they make but I would like to run 3rd gen RX7 suspension in my dime. Maybe in another life :D I guess I also wouldn't my running a busa engine in a 1200 too :D So I guess I don't really care what people do to them :D

Would you boost the Busa engine?

Would you boost the Busa engine?
The same reason you would turbocharge any motor? More power

I LOVE to see the f20/22c in 510's, I'd like to see one in a 210 too. I hate rice and Honda fan boys as much as the next guy (prob MORE then any westcoaster)but that motor is fantastic.

I really dislike purist bullshit too, the car doesn't care what motor is in it and if its not going to be stock wouldn't you want it to be one of the best?

The only problem with that motor is its koolzer taxed......

I agree with it being sad to see in a s30 but I'd say the same for ANY I4. You have all that hood, people have dropped in v12s, to drop in a I4 is just retarded. Let someone do one to say it was done then everyone should move on lol.

Why does someone list camera gear in their signature space, electric scooter for vehicle and top secret for location in a datsun site? Then rag on other peoples shit. I think that's a better question.

Edited by 72240z
The same reason you would turbocharge any motor? More power

I LOVE to see the f20/22c in 510's, I'd like to see one in a 210 too. The motor is fantastic. I hate rice and Honda fan boys as much as the next guy (prob MORE then any westcoaster)but that motor is great.

I really dislike purist bullshit too, the car doesn't care what motor is in it and if its not going to be stock wouldn't you want it to be one of the best?

The only problem with that motor is its koolzer taxed......

I agree with it being sad to see in a s30 but I'd say the same for ANY I4. You have all that hood, people have dropped in v12s, to drop in a I4 is just retarded. Let someone do one to say it was done then everyone should move on lol.

Why does someone list camera gear in their signature space, electric scooter for vehicle and top secret for location in a datsun site? Then rag on other peoples shit. I think that's a better question.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't hate Honda's and I wasn't "ragging" on the car. I think that it is a sick little 510. I'm with you on the purist BS also, shit ain't for me.

And as far as the signature goes, I do it because I can. It is my signature space not yours. And that applies to the electric scooter also.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't hate Honda's and I wasn't "ragging" on the car. I think that it is a sick little 510. I'm with you on the purist BS also, shit ain't for me.

And as far as the signature goes, I do it because I can. It is my signature space not yours. And that applies to the electric scooter also.

If you say so... I don't buy it,

I think that manufacturers parts should stay with that manufacturer. Honda with Honda and Nissan with Nissan etc, etc...
but w/e you already said it all. Edited by 72240z
Isnt the s2000 engine one of the best with respect to hp to displacement ratios? Thought i heard that somewhere.

I think I read something like that in Car and Driver, but I'm not sure.

Whatever 72240z, I'm not going to argue. I came here to gather information on Datsuns, not argue about little immature bitch things.

Edited by 510Kid