ca18det in by bee, oh yah!

b210in

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any of you want to join me at the drags at famoso raceway here in bakersfield cali on nov 6 and 7? this was me last year check out the pics

my car blitz the quarter in a best of the night 19.2 seconds, could not crack into the 18, dam those 18's. any way, i'm trying to hurry up and finish the car by this date to get the north vs south, import only drags.

100_5732.jpg

100_5735.jpg

100_5740.jpg

check out the v8 powered z car in the back and the new skyline. the z was clicking of 13.7's all dam day with a stock 350. the skyline was doing 11.6's all day.

100_5726.jpg

100_5721.jpg

update

the intercooler and all associated piping is done. i used almost all of the couplers that came with the engine swap to save some cash. i painted the intercooler cuasue i wanted some stealth, from a distance it will look like it's part of the grill. for the time being i'm not going to run a blow off valve. i'm running out of cash fast. my blow off valve will have to wait after chritsmas. my deadline is coming, nov. 7. you can also see a little bit of the down pipe i started, im now waiting for the drive shaft to come so i can finish my cool three inch exhaust. more to come, enjoy the pics

100_7311.jpg

100_7310.jpg

100_7309.jpg

100_7308.jpg

100_7307.jpg

Dude, please tell me your tire and wheel combination. How did you lower it, how is the bump steer corrected, do the tires rub and so on. It looks great the CA will be great fun. 150 gives that car a similar power to weight ratio as a new Audi A4, and its fast.

I'm looking forward to a ka24e swap in mine. I think the trans will fit the same way, and I agree that the shifter is too far forward in the stock position.

I look forward to reading more!

i like how the intercooler is painted but the red silicone gives it away

yah, i know what you mean. i bought these with the intention of leaving the intercooler polished aluminum with red to make it stand out. when i read what happended to some forum member getting bar reffed and going through hassles he's going through, i decided to make the car more stealth and more low key. that's why i painted it black. so i'm stuck with these red reducers until i can get some black ones.

this weekend i finished my exhaust finally. let's just say this thing is going to be race car booming lould. i will also be getting my custom cut driveshaft on wednesday.

goes211, it's super easy to lower these cars. the wheels are 15 x 7 with zereo offset.

any of you want to join me at the drags at famoso raceway here in bakersfield cali on nov 6 and 7? this was me last year check out the pics

my car blitz the quarter in a best of the night 19.2 seconds, could not crack into the 18, dam those 18's. any way, i'm trying to hurry up and finish the car by this date to get the north vs south, import only drags.

I grew up racing at that track. Most the imports ran at LACR until it shut down, it was one of the main tracks for the IDRC. Damn i miss Cali.

I wish you the best, man! your car looks great. Just a word of warning, everything on my motor from JHOT looked great but when we finally got it running cylinder 2 and 3 arent firing at all despite getting spark and fuel and everything and we are pretty sure they are dead. I was crazy pissed off yesterday... gonna check to make sure it's really true with a compression test today and then go searching for a longblock, or a shortblock if the head is ok! But if you can, i'd suggest removing the head and taking a look!

I wish you the best, man! your car looks great. Just a word of warning, everything on my motor from JHOT looked great but when we finally got it running cylinder 2 and 3 arent firing at all despite getting spark and fuel and everything and we are pretty sure they are dead. I was crazy pissed off yesterday... gonna check to make sure it's really true with a compression test today and then go searching for a longblock, or a shortblock if the head is ok! But if you can, i'd suggest removing the head and taking a look!

thanks for the heads up. for right now though, i going to try and fire it up and see if i get lucky. if the engine runs great and everything checks out, then cool. if not then time for a full rebuild. what engine did you get from them and how many miles did they say it had?

thanks for the heads up. for right now though, i going to try and fire it up and see if i get lucky. if the engine runs great and everything checks out, then cool. if not then time for a full rebuild. what engine did you get from them and how many miles did they say it had?

I got a SR20det and they said it had about 90k

the turbo had a lot of shaft play (replaced anyway) but the head at first glance looks good and the oilpan was clean of any metal or anything, looked really good

from the wiring it appeared previous owner had a S-AFC wired up, and the head looks newer than the motor.

But we've checked everything and doing a comp test today, but cyl 2 and 3 are getting a TINY bit of compression but seem to be basically dead..will know later though.

ok. so far so good. i got my driveshaft done yesterday. 150 bucks. the driveshaft guy told me to try and baby this thing. he recommened no slicks and no nhra launches, oh well.

the down pipe is now completely mocked up tack welded. i'm going to take it to the muffler shop after the exhaust manifold and turbo are bolted in for the last time. i ran into a snag. the muffler i got is too fat to fit where i wanted. so for now it's just going to have to dump in fornt of the rear driver wheel, which i did not want. too dam loud right there. but oh well. it should be o k for race day. i also painted the exahust manifold to a nicer shiny silver color. (left over from another project)

i'm currently waiting for the fans to arrive as well as the two collar clamps to get started on the 280zx front brake and strut swap.

it turns out the exhaust v band adapter has one hole that does not line up well, it's off by about 1/8". my brother is currently filing it a round file.

i'll post pics this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

here's my three inch exhaust all tacked up before going to muff shop to have them bead it up, with fart can at the end. like i said, boom boom turbo crackle and pop loud.

100_7316.jpg

100_7317.jpg

here's what it looks like under the car installed. it tucks up really nice.

100_7418.jpg

here's the view that most honda's are going to see.

100_7419.jpg

one order of cold air induction? "yes please" why anybody would mount their filter inside the engine compartment to suck nice not air is beyond me. any way, here are the pieces i used to assemble my cold pipe. if you look close ly, you will notice the volvo intercooler turbo hose slightly modified, along with the new filter.

100_7413.jpg

100_7415.jpg

here's what it looks like all put together. the center section is from the stock ca18det.

100_7423.jpg

check out the extensive trimmming to the grill required to fit the filter in there. the left side is still stock.

100_7416.jpg

100_7420.jpg

and now pimp status, cold air. i am still going to add some kind of metal to force more air into the filter, but that should not be a biggie. notice too the other hole now is missing the turn signal. i covered it with an old speaker mesh. looks decent.

100_7425.jpg

i still need to finish the guages, but in this pic you can see where i decided to put them. very clean and in plain veiw.

[

100_7426.jpg

well i'm only a few more days before launch. i'm still waiting for the nismo/tomei adjustable fuel pressure regulator, should be here next week.

i got a rear end for that thing that will hold up... also have a ca18det sitting here if you want a spare motor....

i can make you a nice flowing manifold that will fit in the bay nicely.... let me know im in socal...

i've had you on my radar for a while. i loved it when you showed us your car with the ca and sharks. as soon as i get some more funds i defenitaly would like for you to make me a new manifold. i have seen the work you do. bad ass. what rear end do you have, please provide full specs, like drum to drum lenght, gear ratio, make ,etc.

the diff is a Datsun pick up it will need to be narrowed and axles cut/resplined

it has 4:30 gears too which would be perfect. i also have a 510 wagon diff which is beeifer then the stock unit so it will take a lot more punishment but i wouldnt dumb the clutch on it. the truck one is like a for 9" to us puerto ricans ;)

let me know about the manifold and motor...

let me ask you tho, why not place your maf on the cold side? it will clean up the area around your turbo for a cleaner look....

Edited by S@nt0s

im liking how this is shaping up i cant wait to see it finished but why wouldnt the driveline guy want you to launch it ? did you just shorten the stocker and put the ca splines on it? i wont have to worry about my driveline ever again took my datto dl and one from a mid 80s ford van and had them make it happen i dont think ill ever hurt it

santos, there is no room to put the maff on the cold side. if i put on the cold side then the filter would have to poke out the hole where the turn signal use to be.

bonvo, i mated the stock ca18det yoke to the b210 driveshaft. both of these yokes come with non replaceable u joints, and the rear u joint is half the size of the yoke joint. when i swap diffs, i will also be getting a new drive shaft with replace 1310 yota truck u joints.

foomanchu, i will making a shroud to protect it from rain and also one to force air directly into the filter. another downer is that when i wash the car i will have to cover the filter. small price to pay for more free horsepower.

hey fish, i was wondering if you have some spare free sketching time if you might be willing to rough sketch something like this for me. i have been comtemplating some graphics on my datsun for a while. the first one is having ken and ryu (street fighter one) one on each door. the ryu side will have him facing towards the rear of the car posing like he's just aboout to throw a fire ball, the fire ball is the rising sun with only three our four rays going to the rear of the car. the other side on the door will have ken in his ("give it all you can pose" upper cut) with a fire ball rising sun with two or three rays going to the front of the car and bending into the grille. it should have fender flares, and work equip wheels, the four poinnted star style old school jdm stlye. the car will have a base color of white. no wings, spoilers, or hood scoops.

the other rendition is a tribute to moon eyes kind of deal. but instead of the woody wood peccker with a sigar, it will be a pissed off octopus on the hood with a japaneesse rising sun bandana on it's head. the tentacles will extend to the roof and sides of the fenders holding cool jdm stuff like a turbo on one side and (hammer wrench) tools. the octopus will look like it's racing and going fast and holding on to the car. the head of the octopus has to look like it's trying to see who is chasing him at the rear of the car. the rims fifteen inch steelies painted red with moon discs, so only the outer rim will show red. the little useless window in the rear of the car will be aluminum. the front grille will be gone, instead it will have a one giant intercooler made out of shiny aluminum with no head lights. the intercooler will cover everything and have the two moon eyes about 4'x4' somewhere in the corner. there will also be a front air dam made out of alunimum, salt flat high speed style. the side mirrors will be alunimum and old school 50's bomber style. the car will have a base color of white. the tires will also have a white fat white stripe. the car will need to be pinstriped. no fender flares or spoilers.

anyway. if you ever get a chance to sketch this i would love to see it. i will be painting my car with either the ken and ryu theme or the octopus theme next year. i would love it you sketch it and me paint it.

thank you fish. have i got you thinkin?

Edited by b210in
santos, there is no room to put the maff on the cold side. if i put on the cold side then the filter would have to poke out the hole where the turn signal use to be.

no no no no you got it all wrong brotha... here check it out...

by placing the maf on the cold side you can delete having to run it before the turbo.

it will be part of the piping once you grind down the flange to make it round and put couplings on both ends you add it between the intercooler and the TB..

we do it all the time on sr's and 99.99% of the time people think its on a standalone ecu and dont believe its on the oem/reflashed ecu.

i got some 444 gtr injectors for you.. i say you get a Z32 maf wiring it in and reflash your ecu and ill make you a manifold and throw a S15 turbo and you wouldnt believe the power your making 300whp easy on pump gas....

no no no no you got it all wrong brotha... here check it out...

by placing the maf on the cold side you can delete having to run it before the turbo.

it will be part of the piping once you grind down the flange to make it round and put couplings on both ends you add it between the intercooler and the TB..

we do it all the time on sr's and 99.99% of the time people think its on a standalone ecu and dont believe its on the oem/reflashed ecu.

i got some 444 gtr injectors for you.. i say you get a Z32 maf wiring it in and reflash your ecu and ill make you a manifold and throw a S15 turbo and you wouldnt believe the power your making 300whp easy on pump gas....

ok, cool man i kind of understand. you know i'm skill kind of new to this whole turbo thing. i have read over on nico that a lot dudes do this z32 maff thing. you know for right now i just want this thing to run with it's stock configuration.

so can the maff hold boost? it wont leak? will it accuratley meter air?