wtb 280zx turbo wheel lugnuts!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

280 ZX & T , catalog shows same part # for either

40224-R4670...msrp $7.82 each and still show available.

Been a while since I seen one but its an acorn type nut with a shank that goes down into the wheel and has a washer on the shank that goes against the surface of the wheel and the bottom of the nut.

Kelmo

Yikes for F'ing lugnuts. Does say leschwab have anything close?

Nope, not at all. Nissan made these unique on purpose.

tire shops have one type of mag/aluminum lug nut

It seems when I actually have a bunch of these, nobody wants them. So I give a set away with some wheels that I sell and then people need them.

Luke, be patient. They aren't that hard to find at the salvage yard. That's where I got mine. They put the lug nuts inside the car when they prep them. Call LKQ and ask for any '79-'83 280ZX in the portland area.

I have a problem with playing the waiting game huh lol! I think I may have found a alternative though. Bleach if ya get the chance can ya give me some demensions on those like diameter and shank length I know their 12 x 1.25 pitch already 13/16 head size?

I can't remember if I got mine from here or not but they have them, and for only $1.55 each! Pretty sure there are the medium mag w/ attached washer.

http://www.wheelcomponents.com/lugnuts.html

Mark

Boy those sure look the same don't they. Did you actually use those on a pair of zx wheels yet?

Boy those sure look the same don't they. Did you actually use those on a pair of zx wheels yet?

Yes. And actually the Toyota ones are the same except for a different thread pitch. I installed the snowflakes on a Dodge Colt I have and it has the same thread size as the Toyota lugs. Worked perfect. The unique thing is the short shoulder and large OD of the lug hole.

Mark

Edited by datsunrides
add info

They don't have to be from a turbo. The 280ZX used about 4 different types of mag wheels through 79-83 and the lug nuts are all interchangable.

The 280ZX 6-star 14" wheels you see on my Fairlady Z (sig pic) use the same lug nuts we are talking *about too.

*aboot for all you Canadians ;)

I still don't think the aftermarket nuts will work in the link above. Stick to used Nissan ones.

You know, I think we may have those at NAPA. Have you tried there? I know we have mag lug nuts, thought I may have seen those in a book at one time. I usually get them from the wrecking yard too. In fact I think I have 16 from a Stanza with factory alum wheels, but they wouldn't fit my aftermarket alum wheels. Had to get small shank, not large shank.

{EDIT} Nope, don't have them, just called in and checked. (Day off) Wrecking yard time!

Edited by HRH
Like I said, I have them....in a box ready to ship. The lug nuts that he's asking for, in great shape, don't want much for them as I'm not in the business of selling old Datsun parts. Just trying to help someone out. RSVP....

he uses a cell phone to post on here so it might take some time for him to get back to check on this

or he might have left for i-da-ho

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.