L-series water inlets/outlets

anybody out there make or have a line on a plain ol' water inlet or outlet for the L-series blocks?

i am currently looking for water inlet and outlet for my l20b. here's the really important part, all the outlets i find have a buncha friggin' fittin' holes that i hafta' plug up. stupid smog manifold crap! i'm switching to the dual SU's and the dual manifold doesn't use the heat/water bypass and the car is no longer needing a heater bypass as there is no heater. in order to solve the problems inherent with the leaking plugs and the ugly look i need to find somewhere that sells those type if they're still available. is there a particular year i shold be looking for or is there an aftermarket performance style thermostat housing inlet and or outlet(chrome?):confused: thanks in advance!

cheers

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use 280ZX outlet. It has a threaded bung that the factory had installed a metal tube that would feed the heater. Then you just unscrew the metal tube out and screw in a pipe plug. I run one on my race car. I can post a picture when I get home from work.

Seth

Creating two threads for the same thing doesn't get you more attention to your issue.

Now there is only this one.

The the gasket for the L series and Z series is the same number so a Z20/22/24 inlet pipe will also work and they only have the heater hose on it. The Z series inlet may be a bit longer and may not be bent facing backwards as much, but should work for what you want if you shorten it or the rad hose.

13049 U0100 : '75-'77 water inlet

13039 T5501 : '81-'86.5 water inlet

Edited by datzenmike