Goon help..

jonesy510

Hey I have been looking on this site for awhile and just recently join. anyways i bought a 71 goon and just lowered the back with 3 inch blocks and about to do the front... i was wondering what kind of tire and rim set ups people are running and how well they fit. i have been looking around but don't know to much about tires and sizes so yea any help would be wonderful.

p.s. before i get comments about i need to do research on my own i have been looking and just want to get as much info as possible haha thanx again

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. before i get comments about i need to do research on my own i have been looking and just want to get as much info as possible haha thanx again

I LOVE THIS GUY! Now, just add your city or at least SD, SoCal, NorCal, SF Bay, etc to your profile. :D

WELCOME!!!

before i lowered it i looked at icehouses job on that goon and decided to do it but i just got a hole now i havent patched it :lol: im looking at a front in setup right now and i wanna do coil overs and was looking into getting some ground controls and doing the 280zx strut ish..

oooooo k pics u may need...

im running 13x7 rims, 2 inch blocks w/ overload leaf removed, uncut bumpstops. Ride is a bit bouncy but tolerable. If your gonna run 3 inch blocks id say trim the stops..dont forget theres a 3rd block right above the pumpkin...trim that 1 too or remove if ness.

2-11-092inchblock.jpg

2-11-09Rtiregap.jpg

2-11-09bklower.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i finally lowered the back with the 3 inch blocks and cut the front springs until i get money for coil overs. i did some chopping and removed all the stops so it doesn't sound like a jack hammer is under my car :lol:. but the drive line still barely rubs when i get some weight in the back so finishing touches are been done. i dont have a camera so i can put up pictures yet but i should b able to post some soon :P. now its time to start planning on if i want to swap for a L20 or a ka :rolleyes: