project F10

jnec510

^^Agreed I think you've done alot to save this car jnec.

x2 :thumbsup:

Futhermore, because of this very thread, I think a few more people appreciate f-10's more than they did before. I know I like them even more because of you. Rock!

Maybe. The recent issue of Nissan Sport listed it as one of the ugliest Nissans ever. That said, another possibility is posting on the Bluebirds mailing list. PM me if you want to do that and are not on that list.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. The recent issue of Nissan Sport listed it as one of the ugliest Nissans ever. That said, another possibility is posting on the Bluebirds mailing list. PM me if you want to do that and are not on that list.

:D he-he, I said a 'few' more people might appreciate it! If I am one of them then there has to at least be 2 more out there, right! True, I think the f-10 will always be the bastard child of the Datsun world. But they're so cool in a geek-sheik kind of way!

Someone over on the Bluebirds list posted this F10 on eBay - 260368911898

It will be interesting to see what it sells for. $1500 opening bid seems a bit high to me, but the no rust aspect might make it worth that to someone. Also, I'm cheap, so most prices seem high to me.

It will also be interesting to hear the screams of horror from the BB list members that they had to look at a non-510 Datsun, and an ugly one at that. I can hardly wait.

Len

Guest jaimesix
:D he-he, I said a 'few' more people might appreciate it! If I am one of them then there has to at least be 2 more out there, right! True, I think the f-10 will always be the bastard child of the Datsun world. But they're so cool in a geek-sheik kind of way!

Hi.

There are several different F-10 vehicles. The one posted on that magazine ( Nissan ) is just one of the cadre of F-10s.

Certainly the F-10 in this thread is not the F-10 portrayed at that article, which is not an ugly car, but a wide car. Lower that car, nice wheels and tires, it looks awesome, I have some pictures of F-10s from Japan that would make anybody think that statement about ugliness twice.

Different strokes for different folks.

What you consider :

I think the f-10 will always be the bastard child of the Datsun world.

..... certainly differs from what I consider the ugliest Datsuns of all time.

There are no absolutes, nobody has been assigned the tittle of Datsun King, to determine a particular model is the ugliest car.

Certainly not that Nissan magazine, which does not respect its own historic vehicles, omitting Datsuns that were present at JCCS for example, failing to mention their models.

There were 510s, Z cars, 1200s, 620s, but there were also 810s, Bluebirds, 610s, 710s.

A mag that self appoints itself "Nissan Magazine", which knowledge of Datsuns is lesser than what a Buick fan knows about Datsuns has to re consider the name given to such magazine.

Have a nice weekend.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Hi.

There are several different F-10 vehicles. The one posted on that magazine ( Nissan ) is just one of the cadre of F-10s.

Certainly the F-10 in this thread is not the F-10 portrayed at that article, which is not an ugly car, but a wide car. Lower that car, nice wheels and tires, it looks awesome, I have some pictures of F-10s from Japan that would make anybody think that statement about ugliness twice.

Different strokes for different folks.

What you consider :

..... certainly differs from what I consider the ugliest Datsuns of all time.

There are no absolutes, nobody has been assigned the tittle of Datsun King, to determine a particular model is the ugliest car.

Certainly not that Nissan magazine, which does not respect its own historic vehicles, omitting Datsuns that were present at JCCS for example, failing to mention their models.

There were 510s, Z cars, 1200s, 620s, but there were also 810s, Bluebirds, 610s, 710s.

A mag that self appoints itself "Nissan Magazine", which knowledge of Datsuns is lesser than what a Buick fan knows about Datsuns has to re consider the name given to such magazine.

Have a nice weekend.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Agreed Jamie! And 'bastard child' doesn't have to mean ugliest. I think there are a ton of so called bastard children out there who are great looking! Like the f-10!

Hey I'd love to see these Japanese F-10's you speak of! Post a pic!

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

My computer is not connected to the internet yet, so my files are out of reach, but I will check my car domain files, perhaps I have it , or others there. I will try get those pixes here.

About JCCS, forgot to mention that cool B210 Datsun . Plain gorgeous, excellent condition, and its owner was such a cool person. The owner and his father are both Datsun enthusiasts and do an incredible job of preserving and maintaining their cars in excellent shape.

Off course, seudo magazines like that one that calls itself "Nissan", :confused:the official magazine,:confused: did not even notice!!!:lol: Perhaps the editor and the photographer of that magazine both of them thought that the Datsuns B210, 210, 610, 710, 411 ...etc present at the show where british cars, or some old kit cars!!!:lol:

Jaime._________________________________________________

well she is on the road an still smokes. my gues is the rings. cylinders 3 an 4 only have 30 psi an 1 an 2 have 150psi. now the smoke has slowly turned blue. so im thinkin about pullin the motor to re ring it an throw in new bearings. but not sure if i want to go through all that when i already have 2 other project cars. :(:( but she runs pretty strong for only running on 2 cylinders.

jnec510 - It sounds like a case of having to decide if the time/money fixing the engine will increase the value more than selling as is with a weak motor. That isn't always easy to decide. If it helps, the orange humpback F10 on eBay sold this evening for $2400 (260368911898). A lot more than I expected it to go for (assuming the zero feedback buyer actually pays for it). I've seen several posts where people say they much prefer the looks of the wagon like you have.

Len

well she officaly wont start. my guess is the complete loss of compression. so i was gvin you guys a chance to buy her befor i have to scrap her. im nto her 300$ so my number is 503 473 7785. i need to know by sunday. im gonna post it on the fs post. thanks. oh the head is good just needs bottum half rebuilt.:(:(:(:confused::eek:

well she is on the road an still smokes. my gues is the rings. cylinders 3 an 4 only have 30 psi an 1 an 2 have 150psi. now the smoke has slowly turned blue. so im thinkin about pullin the motor to re ring it an throw in new bearings. but not sure if i want to go through all that when i already have 2 other project cars. :(:( but she runs pretty strong for only running on 2 cylinders.

Sounds like the h/g again. Either it wasn't surfaced, wasn't surfaced right or was not installed right. Did you do a compression test after fixing? Pistons without rings on them would give more than 30 pounds!

Pop the head and oil pan. Pop the pistons out and hone the cylinders. Install new rings and h/g. Check the head for level. Put together and have running and it's worth $300-$500 if you sell. Or it's so good it's a keeper. Two cylinders @ 30 lb. and it's worth scrap weight right now.

I don't mind the body shape it's that grill and head lights that's it's downfall. The red car with blacked out grill looks best.

Edited by datzenmike

head was done right an head gasket done right. even the torque in 2 stages. i got 2 other cars i need to get done. so this one gets the axe. i got 2 weeks to get my 4 dr runnin or i got to get rid of it too. land lord want the drive way empty other than running cars. so i need to focus on those 2. so if there is no takers i will be sending it to upull to be parted out.

• 2 weeks later...

That is great news. When you hadn't posted anything further about the F10, I assumed you had to send her off to her doom. I know that isn't what you wanted to do, but had an evil landlord on your case. I'm happy to hear I was wrong, and you found a home.

Ask the new owner to keep us updated on his progress. I haven't made it to the wrecking yard in Spokane that did have an F10 wagon, so I don't know if they still have it. You might mention it to the new guy.

Len