New guy that couldn't let this one pass

Jables

Hey everyone. New guy here. Just picked up my first 510. I couldn't pass up the deal on this one even though its gonna need a ton of work. I have almost everything to put it back together minus well... alot.. You can see for yourself what kind of project this will end up being.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you located? I may have what you need.

-Brian

Im in Birmingham, AL.

Someone gave me this car is why i took on the project. Yeah the rust is bad but i couldn't see this car go to the scrap yard. I would have never forgiven myself for letting that happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

believe me I dont want to see 510s going to the dump either.

I have seen more 510 owners will big plans send more 510s to the dump than actully getting them going

Ck this guy out, I think hes going to fix each car or want $$$$$ for parts lying in the dirt.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=572

Bleieve I want you to keep a 510 running but sometimes it best to save your money and not waist it.

I have been on here for years and seen the same project pop up several times only going backwards.

You live in Alabama which is a 510 deprived place. Hard to get parts and harder to get 510 guys to send ya parts. And some want alot of money for Junk.

But look like you live in a nice place and maybe your a high roller $$$ with lots of money on your hands.

http://www.guba.com/general/search?query=hainz&set=5&x=34&y=13

So keep us up to date.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Believe me im no high roller. But i do enjoy a good challenge. This one is going to be a long time project and i don't expect to be driving it anytime soon. But its something to keep me busy in the mean time.

Man he has quite a few Datsuns just sitting around. Wish he was closer.

Yes we definetly do not have a long following of these cars here but i've seen a couple here and there. I am fortunate enough to have a few good buddies that have done projects in worse condition then this one and they told me not to be to scared. Its gonna be a lot of hard long work but worth it in the end.

I will keep this thread up to date with all the happenings.

Edited by Jables

Well thats why this is RATSUN.NET We are more on the bottom end ,get things done for cheap to get them running(some times better)and WE know our vehicles will never really be High Roller car/trucks.

Not that I gave a warm welcome ,just being realistic.

I seen some people spend $30-40K on a 510 then one day youll see another car almost just as good running complete with SR20 TURBO!!!! for 5-7K$

Im in Birmingham, AL.

Someone gave me this car is why i took on the project. Yeah the rust is bad but i couldn't see this car go to the scrap yard. I would have never forgiven myself for letting that happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I can probably send you a piece to graft onto that rotten corner. I'll let you know later this week. Shouldn't be all that big so shipping is doable. Hows the driver side?

IMG_0106.jpg

If you can that would be amazing. Just let me know what shipping is and ill get that taken care of or send you a label for shipping it.

And Johnbureezu i will let you know if i decide to part with the air dam...

Edited by Jables