TMC suspension.

Guest jaimesix

Guest jaimesix

A friend of mine told me about a suspension business, "TMC", which is supposed to be located in Los Angeles, somewhere around Pico and Olympic Boulevards.

Is there anybody that could provide the phone number to this business if it still exists? This business is supposed to have the right brackets I need for my sway bar conversion.

Thanks.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive TMC is Turner Motorsport Company.

When I got into 510's they had a site with a good deal of 510 support. I think that their support of 510's and Datsuns in general went down the drain a few years ago. Last time I checked out their site they do off road/prerunner stuff.

Guest jaimesix

I will try getting more information. An ex 610 guy had his ex 610 fitted with TMC sway bars and brackets.

I'll be back with more information. I suspect that Co might be out of business, but untill the corpse is found, it is still a search!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

I will try getting more information. An ex 610 guy had his ex 610 fitted with TMC sway bars and brackets.

I'll be back with more information. I suspect that Co might be out of business, but untill the corpse is found, it is still a search!

Try Troy Ermish he may be able to help out he is working on a vintage b sedan 610 race car for a customer and my be able to provide info on sway bars

his shop number is 510-252-1001

Clayton

Guest jaimesix
Try Troy Ermish he may be able to help out he is working on a vintage b sedan 610 race car for a customer and my be able to provide info on sway bars

his shop number is 510-252-1001

Clayton

Thanks a lot.

I will give him a call.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

A friend of mine told me about a suspension business, "TMC", which is supposed to be located in Los Angeles, somewhere around Pico and Olympic Boulevards.

Is there anybody that could provide the phone number to this business if it still exists? This business is supposed to have the right brackets I need for my sway bar conversion.

Thanks.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

TMC stands for Traction Master Company.

http://tractionmaster.com/

Link not working for me now, but maybe you'll have better luck. Top End Performance sells TMC's product line, so maybe check with TEP. I used to have a phone # for TMC, but can't find it at the moment. I have been to their shop in Koreatown near downtown LA. Pico and Olympic sounds about right. Besides their Datsun stuff (also marketed under the Contour label), they are big in early Mustang suspension parts.

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

I went by TMC last Monday, and again today ( I was in the area due to work.)

Cool people, met the two guys that run the shop. They have sway bars, adjustable links, bushings and a lot more stuff.

I got the right bushings for my front sway bar brackets with them , and I showed them the only difference between a Datsun 510 and a Datsun 610 and 710 front suspension . The sway bar brackets are different, and the tension rod brackets are a bolt on part ( unlike 510s, that have the bracket factory welded to the frame rail.)

Nice place, and you get friendly and direct service with knowledgable people, unlike other places were all you get is a teen ager salesman that can't go beyond a catalog.

Located on Hollywood Way, close to the 5 FRWY.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

:cool: nice update!

unlike other places were all you get is a teen ager salesman that can't go beyond a catalog.

id take a teenager that could read a catalog, or even knew that there was more than just a computer screen to tell all...

if you ever make it the the SFV, Freed Sales on sherman way has most stock suspension components in stock, & no computer :lol:

Guest jaimesix

Cool.

Thanks for that information. I got the inner and outer tie rod ends, plus the idler bushing set.

I am looking for the remaining small bushings that go on the steering long rod and the idler coupler.( those bushings as those the tie rod ends have )The black bushings ( round). Perhaps that place has those.

Do you have their phone number, or address??

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Jaime, what did you get them for? Your 610? Im wondering do they have Datsun 1200 suspension and leaf spring bushings.

Hi Ggzilla.

I got the sway bar bushings for both the 610 and the 710. Both share the same front suspension components and brackets.

In their catalog they do not list Datsun 1200 parts, but given the fact they work with Polyurethane, I am sure they could make them to specs, and with an old bushing as sample, they could make them.

Now, I know the Datsun B210 suspension can be used on a 1200 from reading in the net. Correct me if wrong.

Now, I know the struts in a B210 work on a 510, 610 and 710. The 280ZX struts work on a 510, 610 and 710.

That means that as an upgrade, the front of a 1200 could get beefed up with 280ZX shortened struts.

If stock struts are desired, Eibach springs can make springs to specification. Also, a coil over system would provide and open a variety of springs to use.

I do not know if the rear leaf spring assembly bushings in the B210 are same as in the 1200. Last time I bought new bushing for my former B210 ( when I decambered my units, in 03 ), I got them all from Nissan.

I will ask this guys at TMC ( I got to go by for a couple more sway bar bushings, the set I bought for my 610 ended up in my 710....my 710 got jealous and demanded a sway bar or else it was going to get into a tantrum..) about the 1200 bushings.

I have to start looking into those bushings myself, my 1200 ute will need them. My truck is at my brothers, he is taking good care of it, but sooner than later I will go there and revamp the 1200. Do you know if utes share same bushings with sedans and coupes?

Yes, B210 and B110 have the same bushings. B120 pickup uses same, except for the lower front ones have a different part number.

Have you seen my Datsun 1200 pickup? I know you have, it was at JCCS year before last. You need to get yours up here, we could have four or five of them at JCCS this year. Have you ever been to the SR20 store in Torrance? I heard Marco has another 1200 pickup.

Guest jaimesix
Yes, B210 and B110 have the same bushings. B120 pickup uses same, except for the lower front ones have a different part number.

Have you seen my Datsun 1200 pickup? I know you have, it was at JCCS year before last. You need to get yours up here, we could have four or five of them at JCCS this year. Have you ever been to the SR20 store in Torrance? I heard Marco has another 1200 pickup.

Down under 120Y parts are abundant. That is a good place to start bushing searches.

Yes, I saw that p/u back at JCCS 07 ( I went there with my 710 ) I think you got it after that, right? Or was it yours then? I did not meet you, that was a bummer. Hope to meet you next time.

My 610 will be up and ready for next JCCS. The 1200 ute will not be in shape for a show yet, that will happen later on.

I do not know the SR20 store. I live close by, I suppose I could take a peep. Where in Torrance?

Jaime.____________________________________________________-

Guest jaimesix

Nice find. I never saw any adds for that 1200 ute. Did you have to shove off other potential buyers? Or perhaps it was insider work, and got that truck for a steal.:)

Jaime._____________________________________________________

It is called determination. 1200s are everywhere for sale, if you want one, you can get one. On the other hand, I keep hearing from guys that want a perfect one for cheap, and within 10 miles of their town. They can't find one! But I can find a Tokyo special here in Seattle, just a little ways down the '5' ... keep on truckin'.

Just like those suspension parts ... they are out there. Track 'em down for us.

Edited by ggzilla
Guest jaimesix

I agree, there are 1200s around. But the ute is a different story, those vehicles were never sold in US markets, finding one in here is difficult.

Jaime.______________________________________________________