How heavy is the 521 Bed???

tangent

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my dad and I lifted the bed off my 620. Actually two beds. We swapped them. Just the two of us did it fine so I figured it was 200 pounds or less. That was several years ago so I wasn't quite as much of a body builder as I am now... :)

The bed bolts have small tabs on them that are there to keep them from spinning when you tighten/loosen the nuts. I guess the factory never expects the bed to gome off 'cause they made them out of some thin shit that bend out of the way and you end up cutting them off. My two sons and I easily lifted a long bed so two 'could' do it but awkward.

I removed the bed on my old 68 520 & it took 4 guys to lift & carry it. Very heavy & the worst part is that all the bed bolts were rusted solid & had to be cut off ! Dont forget that the gas tank is attached to the bed,remove that 1st.

Me and Hainz lifted one with tank onto the blue 521 I used to own. I was about to shit my pants :D I gave Hainz the tank side :D

my dad and I lifted the bed off my 620. Actually two beds. We swapped them. Just the two of us did it fine so I figured it was 200 pounds or less. That was several years ago so I wasn't quite as much of a body builder as I am now... :)

My guess is closer to 400lbs :) Once at work me and a co-worker cairred a furnace up 2 flights of stairs. I was about to die by the top (I did have the bottom though :D ) The next day I looked it in the book, it weighted close to 300lbs :eek: Yeah and I was at the bottom!! thats just my guess.

The bed bolts have small tabs on them that are there to keep them from spinning when you tighten/loosen the nuts. I guess the factory never expects the bed to gome off 'cause they made them out of some thin shit that bend out of the way and you end up cutting them off. My two sons and I easily lifted a long bed so two 'could' do it but awkward.

I used my angle grinder and sawlzaw to unbolt them :D

• 2 weeks later...