Coil Overs for 280zx Struts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, too late. I already bid and will most likely win unless someone outbids me. I did get my 280zx struts today though. $70 bucks for the pair complete with rotor,caliper,pads, and rubber brake hoses. There was a pic here that showed where to weld the bottom mount for the coil. I need to find it.

Dang, too late. I already bid and will most likely win unless someone outbids me. I did get my 280zx struts today though. $70 bucks for the pair complete with rotor,caliper,pads, and rubber brake hoses. There was a pic here that showed where to weld the bottom mount for the coil. I need to find it.

You can retract your bid. Say you made a mistake.

This is the same way I did mine. Works great, in fact, if you wanted to save money and lower the car, cut off the spring perch and grind it down smooth. Your removed perch can sit on top of this little collar and can be moved up and down your strut tube, a poor mans coilover!

Ok , I retracted my bid and will go with the techno tuning ones.

I just sent them an email requesting a quote.

Will the collars listed in the following fleabay link fit on 280zx struts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250312443689

• 4 weeks later...
This is the same way I did mine. Works great, in fact, if you wanted to save money and lower the car, cut off the spring perch and grind it down smooth. Your removed perch can sit on top of this little collar and can be moved up and down your strut tube, a poor mans coilover!

what is that piece called?

I wouldn't trust my life to a clamp holding up the spring. Also I'll put in my vote for T3/ ground control very good products.

250# springs are not for the faint of heart, be ready for a STIFF ride, but certainly streetable. One problem will be getting the rear stiff enough to balance it out.

Is there any other place to buy these other than E bay...

0c6e_1_bo.JPG

I like th epoor mans approach :D But...I'd have to go with a shorter insert & also shorten the strut tube correct ?

Mark you can buy them from Mcmastercarr.com or grainger just a shaft collar clamp they can be expensive if you get them in SS

I wouldn't trust my life to a clamp holding up the spring. Also I'll put in my vote for T3/ ground control very good products.

250# springs are not for the faint of heart, be ready for a STIFF ride, but certainly streetable. One problem will be getting the rear stiff enough to balance it out.

I have seen a few cars come threw Troys with that set up that have been on the car for years but I kinda agree I would at least throw a few small welds to hold them... I like 200-225lbs for a typical L series set up but if you have a SR,KA or FJ swap I run 275-300s for my car. T3 set up is good as is GC and Troy also sells a kit all great products

I have the T3 rear coilovers, they(T3)used the same clamp to hold the spring. Other guys have used mufler clamps.......... now that seems a little shady.