Being obsessed with 510s has its advantages

Being obsessed with 510s has its advantages. I tend to spend lots of time on the computer reading all the cool stuff on the 510 BB list and the 510 forums. I also spend time looking at 510s and parts on eBay, Craigslist and the Dime Quarterly classifieds. Because of this, I have had my share of good luck finding cars and parts to add to my collection. It also allows me to help other 510 guys find clean cars and good parts for their dimes too. I wish I could keep every 510 that comes my way but I don't have the space for them and even if I did, I would probably be divorced by now as my wife thinks I have too many Datsuns already. So lots of my finds get passed on to other 510s guys.

As others have said, when a golden opportunity appears, you need to act fast. And when a clean unmolested 510 shows up, I just can't help myself.

Well this good fortune has come my way again. This time in the form of a 5 door. Yes, a clean 510 wagon has found its way to my home.

According to the people I bought it from and the documentation that came with the car, it was owned by a nice older lady since it was brand new, from 1971 until 2007. In 2007 she donated it to a vocational school. The school repainted it the original color and sold it to the people I bought it from. They put about 8000 miles on it over the 16 months they owned it and they took good care of it and enjoyed it until they decided to sell it.

It is a nice original, unmolested wagon. It has an auto trans with the shifter on the column and it is in original, stock unmolested condition. It has 109,000 miles on it.. The first owner didn't drive it much at all. A few miles to town each week to do her shopping. It spent its entire life in South Carolina. (almost never snows there and it is inland away from the coast)

It is so nice. I can honestly say that it is 99% rust free. I can't find any rust on it except for very minor surface rust spots in a few of the small paint chips (hardly visible). The body is super straight and all the panels and door gaps line up nicely. The floors look like new. All the trim is there and in great shape. The interior is very clean except for the drivers seat and some fading of the carpeting. All the lights, signals, gauges, etc. work properly. Even the wipers move at a respectable speed. The door panels and rear side panels are clean and uncut. All the interior panels and dash parts are clean. No fading. The color of the dash and panels is deep dark and rich. The passenger seat, back seat and rear cargo areas look like they were not used much at all. It drives great and shifts smooth and seems very reliable. It came with all of the original owners manuals and warranty books and even the owners log of gas mileage.

I took it up to my friend Vince's Shop on Wednesday and we put it up on the lift. It is as clean on the bottom as it is everywhere else. I forgot to take my camera with me so I didn't get any pics. D'oh!

I went all through the car and I took a bunch of pictures (100 Pics) and posted them here:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3576

http://tinyurl.com/9ouv2w

Here are just a few.

New_Wagon_12-28-08_094.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_093.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_095.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_096.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_073.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_070.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_068.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_135.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_054.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_0281.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_007.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_003.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_034.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_037.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_049.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_016.jpg

New_Wagon_12-28-08_090.jpg

I really like this car. It is one of those very rare finds. As much as I like and want to keep it, I can't. I have too many projects going on and not enough time, money or indoor storage space.

So I have decided to pass this one along to another 510 lover. If you know of anyone looking for a super clean, unmolested original wagon, let them know about this one. This is one of the cleanest 510 wagons I have seen.

Someone will be very happy with this one.

Offered at $6500 or best offer.

Serious inquiries only.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN!!!! That is the time capsule as much as I love modded 510's and wagons who ever buys that goon I hope would leave it just as it is 100% original

This is part of the reason I can't keep it. I would not be happy keeping it stock and it is too nice to modify.

I thought about just dropping in a medium built L20B and a set of wheels but I know that it would lead to brake upgrades and suspension mods and some better front seats, etc.

Better to pass it on to someone that will love it the way it is. If you want to buy it and modify it, please don't tell me as I might not be able to sell it if I know.

How muchie?

Asking price is $6500

Hey ezcruiser, if I get that money on the house soon, road trip, you drive me up and I'll drive her back. That thing is sweet.

I would cost about $450 to have it transported down there. Porbably worth it to avoid the salty roads.

Let me know if you are seriously interested.

DAMN!!!! That is the time capsule as much as I love modded 510's and wagons who ever buys that goon I hope would leave it just as it is 100% original

yes, pls. who ever buys this museum pice, don't do anything crazy to it. This is probably one of the few that's clean and unmolested. As a matter of fact, if I buy this one, I would be afraid to drive it.:mellow:

ok, the awful question: is the side molding glued or riveted?

I was glad to see that it is glued. I would not remove it myself as I don't want to chance messing up the paint but I would think that a heat gun and some careful peeling would remove it.

I don't care for the looks of it either. He put in on the edges of the bumpers too.

I have received a Deposit for the car. I know that the new owner will give it a great home.

Thanks for all the kind words. I am missing it already and it is still here.

I am sure I will be sorry that I sold this one but................. I can't keep them all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.