Got sand ?

sandrail004.jpg

This is a sand car that a friend of mine just finished,

sandrail005.jpg

sandrail006.jpg

The front control arms. I made the hubs and tie-rods.

sandrail002.jpg

sandrail003.jpg

sandrail009.jpg

The rear control arms

sandrail007.jpg

The 583 CI Big block

sandrail010.jpg

The cabin.

sandrail011.jpg

The upper shock mount.

Edited by datrod
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Way to damn cool. Level of fabrication is INSANE!! Do you have any more pictures? Engine stuff? Headers?

I just love the fabrication that is done on a lot of the off road stuff these days. Rock crawlers, pre-runners, and sand buggies like this have some of the best fabrication out there today. Makes me want to get into this kind of stuff.

Way to damn cool. Level of fabrication is INSANE!! Do you have any more pictures? Engine stuff? Headers?

I just love the fabrication that is done on a lot of the off road stuff these days. Rock crawlers, pre-runners, and sand buggies like this have some of the best fabrication out there today. Makes me want to get into this kind of stuff.

I'll try to get more pic's. The first trip for it was over the New Year's week and I haven't talked to them since they got back. The rat bastard owes me money and he is not taking my calls. Guess I'll just go over there and yank the motor and put it in my Z car. :lol: It is one of the badest sand cars I've seen. Very well put together.

I used to bring my YZ250 down the the dunes all the time. Those kinda rigs are crazy!!! I saw a bronco done up like that (from the roomers going around he was some pro football dude) It would hit the woops going like 60+ insane!!! the cab was steady and the suspension took it all in... To many stories from that era :D it's amazing how much air a moded toyota can catch with the right tricks done.

I used to bring my YZ250 down the the dunes all the time. Those kinda rigs are crazy!!! I saw a bronco done up like that (from the roomers going around he was some pro football dude) It would hit the woops going like 60+ insane!!! the cab was steady and the suspension took it all in... To many stories from that era :D it's amazing how much air a moded toyota can catch with the right tricks done.

Yea this guy says it will do 100 + over the whoops. Just not my thing. I fuckin hate glamis. To many dumb shits out there. I use to go out there like in the late 60's thru the mid 80's. It was fun back then you could leave your stuff out and no one would mess with it. Now you leave a piece of :poop: out and it's gone. Just to many people.

ill stick with th VW sand rail its about 124k cheeper if that...lmao

Thats true. I remember when my dad and I built a 2180 with dual carbs on a sand rail. man that think so so fucking fast it would scare the crap out of you. And we went up any hill out there, Just not at 100 + MPH.