i will do that and see what other people say

fare as wreck the look of the car i will make it flow best as posseble

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok just talking to my mate

i need to forget about the 20's and need to make it rite im thinging white walls and some old school 15's chrne spokes and i'll do a 5 stud conversion

and that should gell what yah think boys

and yeah i'll put the 20's back on my hardbody

stay with the 6 lug its stronger and you will have alot less work to do just my .02

agree ..

hilux stubs will not work. i have seen a 620 done using commodore disks and a commodore diff but thats a shit load of work.

you have disks and a decent stud pattern. stick with it. you can get most wheels in 15" 6 lug. its a VERY common wheel size.

You can keep your 20's in the back and maybe put some 18's in the front, with where you are looking at having your ride height it will not look bad at all, only if it's way high and you could see all of the wheels it might look a bit odd with the size difference. just a thought

g'day ratsun

been back at work for a week now just got a small update

i'll be able to use 18s no problem just gotta get the rite ones

the owner of the place that i get my wheels from is coming down to my shop to night to check it out so i got this ready for him as you can probly tell

i still have to drop the body cut the pitch and braces the from end but this will do to show him

P1131283.jpg

P1131282.jpg

yeah the wheel tub will go to about 5mm below the top of the fender

P1131281.jpg

looks kool i reckon beaing that the z is too big now there will be more camber on the accauly layed out set up

Looks like you still have a little room to go still, te tires arent touching the hood yet are they> That is the biggest reason i didnt body drop mine, laying rocker i couldnt even fit a 15, especially with a stick suspeneion.

Looks like your getting there!!! An like the others said, please dont extended the rockers, the BD is much cooler. You can gain just s little bit of drop by replacing the factory rails with some 2x3, but its still not enough to get it on the rockers wihitout a small bs or channel.

Looks like you still have a little room to go still, te tires arent touching the hood yet are they> That is the biggest reason i didnt body drop mine, laying rocker i couldnt even fit a 15, especially with a stick suspeneion.

Looks like your getting there!!! An like the others said, please dont extended the rockers, the BD is much cooler. You can gain just s little bit of drop by replacing the factory rails with some 2x3, but its still not enough to get it on the rockers wihitout a small bs or channel.

2x3 on its side will get the drop needed,just make shure its 1/4"thickness and properly braced:)

2x3 on its side will get the drop needed,just make shure its 1/4"thickness and properly braced:)

Running 2x3 sideways is the same as running 2x2. You lose the vertical strength of that extra inch because it is placed on the 2 inch vertical. I wouldnt recommend running 2x2 or 2x3 sideways. 1/4 inch is overkill on such a light truck, 3/16 is even over kill. You would just be adding extra un-needed weight to anh already underpowered truck. 1/8 tubing would almost be enough, but without the factory engineered bends and shaped to keep it strong, your better off building it a l;ittle heavier.

when talking about stregth the thinkness and the hight are what matters

for explain 2x3 will be only the strgeth of the wall size and the hight

2x3 wall 1/4 is streght while up rite but on its side the flex and defletion is much greater

i would never do it

im running mu stock rails cuting a 1 1/4 off the top

putting a 3x2 inside that with a 5mm wall greater then 1/4

so it will be fine to test this you can get a presser gaugle and a jack and see what defletion rating the steel would have a 2x3 layin flat it would be very good

i have done test like this and know a fair bit about it because im carpenter and project manger

sorry for spelling

when talking about stregth the thinkness and the hight are what matters

for explain 2x3 will be only the strgeth of the wall size and the hight

2x3 wall 1/4 is streght while up rite but on its side the flex and defletion is much greater

i would never do it

so it will be fine to test this you can get a presser gaugle and a jack and see what defletion rating the steel would have a 2x3 layin flat it would be very good

i have done test like this and know a fair bit about it because im carpenter and project manger

sorry for spelling

Sound like you deff did a nice job. I dont know how i missed the pics of you doing this, must have just been stoned........... :blink:

Things are starting to come together man. Keep up the good work!!!!

sorry for spelling

PICS!!!!! :D

..and it's the grammar and punctuation that fucks with my reading comprehension, no worries :lol:

ok guys i have been rather busy / lasy and haven't done much to pregress the project nore have i taken any photos of what i have been doing but i will tell yahs i'll be back in to it this long weekend

wheel-0133_lrg.jpg

and these are the wheels i will be ordering for the 620 they will be 18" 7" and a 60mm offset if they come in that and you can image i have a lot more work to do / undo to my frame to make them tuck

hope to up date you guys with photos soon

• 3 months later...

hey guys haven't made a update in ages sorry i have not forgot yahs

work has been hard and i have been making more minitrucker friends and socailisn too much

2 months i want it finsh and back on the road

will be gloss black with pinstripping

grey frame and white 4 link

intoir should be some thing to match

picking up 16's that are wraped to match 17's 40 240 or some shit

will be using them till i have the car back on the road for the rest of the mock up and transport

engine reco nexted week

praint stripping tomorrow night

some welding start satday

i have lost my carma cord usb thingo so i will take photos and get a new cord soon bit low on money at the moment

love ryan

Edited by nosh1t