Here's some information off the truck:

1960 Datsun 1200

Type PLG-222

Car #PLG 222-0-00243

48hp@4800RPM

1189cc

Eng #E05313

LOL yeah unfortunately I'am filipino LOL

I'm going to take a look at it today and determine if its something worth restoring, I'm going to take lots of pic and see if its worth bidding on it the plus is its in my neck of the woods-if I pass on it would anyone else would like to a shot at it since it does look like it deserves a good home, pm me and we can work something out

LOL yeah unfortunately I'am filipino LOL

I'm going to take a look at it today and determine if its something worth restoring, I'm going to take lots of pic and see if its worth bidding on it the plus is its in my neck of the woods-if I pass on it would anyone else would like to a shot at it since it does look like it deserves a good home, pm me and we can work something out

Oh stop it, nothing wrong with being Filipino.

Good luck with the 1200, if you pass I hope it goes to a good home.

I know what you mean Ted, at the same time as long as it makes it back on the road I would be happy :D

true. i'd would too. disk brakes are good for safety. i was mostly thinking cosmetically. granted there are alot of datsuns out there that have been customized very nicely.

its one thing to start out with an incomplete vintage vehicle and have to improvise quite a bit to get it back on the road(ie your 59). but to see a complete or nearly 100% complete vehicle and toss all the parts you don't want to only have another uncompleted project and eventually a loss of another rare specimen. btw, i'm not ranting. i just see this too often.

if times were different for me i'd be trying to pick this hing up. i'm just not in the situation to do so. it would be nice to see this thing get the attention it needs.

well saw the truck yesterday and its a proper truck to restore but alas I think it will be too much since there is no starting price I think I may have to bow out unless no one bids on it, I do have to place for it but again the funds to buy this truck will be out of my comfort range

whoever buys this will be plesantly surprised on how complete it really is, I just simply don't have the buying money that he is probably asking for it, most of my projects were bought either for a few hundred bucks or free so I'm a cheap bastard.

what is he asking for it well he says that he will take the best offer till wednesday and would like to see it go to someone that will restore it and is local too

well I'm local and plan to restore it to stock but again money is tight and not knowing what the owner wants for it is hard to just make an offer, he did mentioned to me that you can't insult him with "any" offers, so maybe I should have put my .02 in and see what happens. I doubt it $200 will but it but unfortunately thats all I have until after the holidays subside

conrad

yes but we all have different opinions of whats proper.

Ya your right, I think we are on the same page though, or close. Keeping it crisp and classic should be a top priority with this model but certain things like brakes, shocks etc just make the truck safer and more practical.

He did say that he really wants it to go to a good home locallly but as he said money is not the most important thing but we all want to make as much as possible I just can't bring myself to buy it for more than what dispensible cash I have right now so hopefully x-mas may come again for me LOL

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.