'74 620 strip down thread.

Bandit240

So i bought a '74 620 for parts. I figured i would make a project thread for its strip down since it has become a project of its own.

As it was about to be towed home. The spare tire is dragging the ground.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

In the shop, it got hung up on the ramp leading into the shop, had to shove it in with the F250.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

Inside, full of junk and roaches, not the good kind either.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

L18, weber carb, auto trans.

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

I attacked it monday morning.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Even my wife pitched in on the attack today.

IMG_0697.jpg

I stripped all the paint off the roof. IT has a bunch of dents and a hole right in the middle.

IMG_0700.jpg

Primed

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Pulled the valve cover off to clean and paint it for use on my truck. The guy said it had a head job done, looks like it under there too.

IMG_0709.jpg

I will update this as i tear it down. If anyone needs frame parts from it, i wont be useing them. I also wont be useing the motor or trans.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea she knows i posted it, theres a couple other pics i may or may not post.

It all depends on your point of view as to if the truck will ever see the road again. As a complete truck as it is, no. Its cab and a bunch of other bits will see the road again, riding on the frame from my 78 truck.

Here she is removing the bolts for the door.

IMG_0698.jpg

It all depends on your point of view as to if the truck will ever see the road again. As a complete truck as it is, no. Its cab and a bunch of other bits will see the road again, riding on the frame from my 78 truck.

IMG_0698.jpg

:eek: My wife would kill me!

I know this thread is titled "'74 620 strip down thread", but this is pushing it!

Edited by datto510

pac didn't u know thats the custom u bend it rad hose, lookin good on the tear down.. save all thats left over, u never know what u will need, i have 2 extra parts trucks and the beds r full of goodies..:D

IMG_0698.jpg

lol now lets see her face :lol: but seriously that is hella cool that she is willing to help like that my girl said she would help by bringin me soda:mellow:

Well i got the cab ready to come off today. I will take it off tomorrow i think. Also stripped the LF fender down to bare metal and primed it. It needs some work, but not as much as my old one does.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

Primed the floors.

IMG_0743.jpg

Also cleaned and painted the valve cover.

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

I had to roll it out of the shop for a bit, so it needed to sit higher. Also has 2x4s on the front to hold it up.

IMG_0735.jpg

Got bored toward the end of the day. I will be hanging the tailgate on the shop wall.

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

Since the floor is rusted out of the bed, im going to cut the sides off and store them in the rafters of the shop in case i ever need them, or a part of them. I might do the same with the good parts of my old cab also.

IMG_0698.jpg

Crack Kills!:eek: