Opinions on what price I could sell my truck for.

Joecar

Back to selling in Phoenix and Las Vegas....Phoenix is a smog-check area.  Tucson is also.  The rest of AZ does not do smog checks.  I do not know about Las Vegas, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have smog checks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Ya'll are so funny lol.Have a tag in one state,driver license in another and what about the vehicle insurance.They would not go for that?What about when you need to use your road side service.My insurance company only tows 15 miles then they charge so much for extra miles.Fraud.Lucky I live in Georgia.To get a license here,you have to have proof you live here.In 2025,EV's will be scrapped and Keystone will be pumping us some fresh gas.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding. People do it all the time without problem.

Insurance doesn't give a shit, they insure based on YOUR mailing address.

AAA doesn't care, as long as you have the card.

About the only people who will give you a hard time are the cops and that is if they see you on a regular basis and even that requires them to pull you over multiple times and show you've had it IN state for more than 30 days in CA. California can hardly keep its shit together and a 720 is not really a vehicle they have on their radar. SO don't drive like an idiot and you are fine. Worse case it is just a fix it ticket anyways. People drive with out of state plates on a regular basis and SD plates are specifically common among RVers who travel a lot. 

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2

Just tell the cops you are working in state for 6 months or w/e. It's actually none of their business, all you really have to provide is your license/insurance. You really don't have to explain. If they ask a bunch of questions and give you a hard time, maybe you were driving like an asshole.

• Like 3
On 8/14/2024 at 8:32 PM, Dguy210 said:

I have a friend that bounces from the California in the summer then back to Mexico for the winter. His Ford Escape has had South Dakota plates for years. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Ya'll are so funny lol.Have a tag in one state,driver license in another and what about the vehicle insurance.They would not go for that?What about when you need to use your road side service.My insurance company only tows 15 miles then they charge so much for extra miles.Fraud.Lucky I live in Georgia.To get a license here,you have to have proof you live here.In 2025,EV's will be scrapped and Keystone will be pumping us some fresh gas.

image.png.fae4b371ecadfe7f1f51d1f62871df42.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay I think I have a solution, I passed smog this year to get my sticker so it will be good for another 2 years until I need another smog check. Once that expires I’ll register the truck in the state I’m in for school. School I’m going to allows students from other states drive their cars from out of state 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Joecar said:

Okay I think I have a solution, I passed smog this year to get my sticker so it will be good for another 2 years until I need another smog check. Once that expires I’ll register the truck in the state I’m in for school. School I’m going to allows students from other states drive their cars from out of state 

This was my strategy as well. I applied to a program in Wisconsin, which doesn't require smog for vehicles older than 20 years. If I registered the vehicle in Wisconsin then I wouldn't have to deal with tough CA smog laws while focusing on school.

Unfortunately, my application was rejected!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Joecar said:

If you're good with CA registration for now, I'd probably keep it registered in CA.  There are ways around smog, some have known smog shops to pass non-conforming vehicles for extra cash.  

This way, if you ever decide to bring your truck back to California, it won't be a problem.

Just my opinion.  

• Like 1