Tall Weber adapter in 521 l20b

sick620

Anyone running the tall Weber adapter on an l20b 521? Wondering if it will clear the hood with the short air filter I don’t have a short filter yet to test. I’m sure the tall filter will be too tall though. IMG_6051.thumb.jpeg.957cede341e50dd73c4ff6d512cb2d70.jpeg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cut a big filter in half and test fit the hood and it clears though I think I cut it a bit shorter than your average short filter… probably under a half inch of clearance… I think I’ll be okay maybe have to bend the hood just a tiny bit in the middle. IMG_6053.thumb.jpeg.c0b6a06e98c5ef0c76a4b15369a6ce71.jpeg

I think that is a little on the thin side.

I would bey the 1.75 inch thin airfilter that Weber offers.

I have a L16 in mine and tall adapter with I think is better and flows more air threw there.  I opened up the ports in the intake where the adapter meets

I dont see why weber dont make disposabe  airfilters like the Frame ones(like the stock setup but just for the Weber. Its just ezer to swap than clean ect...

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

I already have a two piece cheap adapter I just really want to run the tall adapter… yeah I think you are right it’s really close a short filter will probably hit… I still think I may try it and just see if I can make it work. The one piece adapter is so much nicer. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered a 1.75 filter. From pierce… Kinda crazy people make a 1 7/8 inch filter and a 1 3/4 filter… Worst case I’m going to have to slam the hood on it a couple times and get a little squish going on lol… what’s the benefits of the taller filter in terms of a velocity stack? 

Edited by sick620

If you want to check the clearance to the hood....you can take a tape measure and set it on the flange of the carb so that the tape extends up towards the sky. Pull the blade out just a bit more than you think you have clearance for.  Lock the blade.  Now close the hood on it.  The hood should push the tape in, but the lock should hold the blade where the hood quit pushing.  You may have to play with the lock pressure and the location of the tape if you hood is closer than the tape's body.

• Like 1