510 4-speed transmission pan gasket: Sources?

Initial inquires have left me stumped. The local Nissan dealer is unable to supply a PL510 4-speed transmission pan gasket. (PN 32162-14810)

This is not surprising, but a few other stabs at sourcing aftermarket substitutes have yielded nada. Who has info on what/where to buy this part?

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try a transmission repair store.

A lot of differential gaskets have disappeared also and instead sealer is used. I've used this stuff from Permatex

image.thumb.jpeg.d6a4da89a97ad4359d7c70f042496a1e.jpeg

Just make sure surfaces are clean and de-greased.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BvtnDave said:

Initial inquires have left me stumped. The local Nissan dealer is unable to supply a PL510 4-speed transmission pan gasket. (PN 32162-14810)

This is not surprising, but a few other stabs at sourcing aftermarket substitutes have yielded nada. Who has info on what/where to buy this part?

Thanks

Screenshot_20240225_090432_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.3bb73539493fd07d3e3a5c901a095246.jpg

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-gasket-cover~32162-14810.html

Their illustration is screwy. That gasket looks like it fits between #19 and the tail housing. I tried my quick reference book but no luck.

• Like 1

datzenmike nailed it. That is the gasket, for sure.  It seems Crashtd420 has found a source, and I now know that part will fit. Just seems like an excessive price to me. One would hope Felpro or some supplier would have a listing. No doubt someone has a few of these sitting around somewhere. Thanks.

On 2/25/2024 at 11:41 AM, BvtnDave said:

datzenmike nailed it. That is the gasket, for sure.  It seems Crashtd420 has found a source, and I now know that part will fit. Just seems like an excessive price to me. One would hope Felpro or some supplier would have a listing. No doubt someone has a few of these sitting around somewhere. Thanks.

I personally get me some cork or whatever and make  one,,  BUT ,, even at $20.40  plus shipping and tax...  Its not like you will be replacing more than once.  Vehicle is what , 55 years old and probably first time it was ever replaced ?. 

bananahamuck: I did buy a roll of cork gasket material from NAPA. ($9.02) Yes, making my own will be easy. In this case, the transmission was very clean inside and out - and was evidently "harvested" from a low-mileage 510 quite some time ago. A replacement cork gasket will certainly last for as long as I will need, and just feels better to me than using (even modern) goop.

As for the cost of buying from the online seller, it is really a matter of principle for me. I have purchased a lot of parts (for my Datsun Roadsters) from this source, and it just seems like the recent price increases are somewhat excessive. My hope was one of the typical aftermarket gasket providers would have a listing for such a (formerly) common vehicle, but as you note, the newest Dimes are 50+ years old now. Related to this, it is also a common experience for me to find an online seller has simply found a supplier with stock, buys them on the cheap and quadruples the price. Such is life. One would hope the Datsun community would look out for each other - which it does, for the most part - but self-interest is a motivator for many.