Flagstaff Ratsun Members

Hey guys, I'm going to be picking up this 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V on Tuesday and I would like to check the infamous intake butterfly screws before I drive back to Lubbock, TX. 

00N0N_3WzIkVtxeeg_0CI0lM_1200x900.thumb.jpg.7f50c1415fab71ac333bfe4770907fc7.jpg

So does anyone in Flagstaff have a shop/garage that I could work in for an hour or so on Tuesday midday? 

Otherwise I'm working outside... 🙂

Thanks,

Peter Scherer

806-777-8427

• Like 2
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Altima's had a recall about that. Did the SE-R senta? 

If it did, you could run the vin through NissanUSA.com and see if that recall had been performed. 

GL. 

I used to have one of those. I loved it. Traded it in for an 01 Maxima 5 speed. 

Edited by flatcat19

I'll check with Nissan if they did a repair. I figure eventually I'll either safety wire them with custom fasteners or swap the intake out for the next gen. Just looking to check that they're tight before I drive 600+ miles at 80mph. 

This is one of those cars that I didn't know I wanted until I saw it, and the performance potential is pretty impressive!

Edited by petercscherer
  • Like 1

there is a guy on ratsun that is in Kingman AZ he posts his phone number in the Williams AZ car show thread 

not sure how far away that is but every year he tows a trailer from Kingman to Williams just in case someone breaks down 

his name is Jim he might be able to help or might know someone 

also gene knight is in AZ somewhere 

good luck 

• Thanks 1

Yeah most got consumed by the first few owners who just drove them into the ground. Best I can figure was between 7000-8000 of the 2002-2003 Spec V built, and very few in White or Blue. So it's definitely going to be unique car as the years go by. 

I'll probably start a dedicated build thread here as I go forward. Plan is to keep this one long term as a reliable weekend/road trip car. Sure does love to cruise at 80+!