POST Craigslist ads here...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks to be a pretty clean 521 in Seattle. (NOT MINE)

http://seattle.craig...2807137029.html

1970 Datsun 521 Pick-up Truck in great condition. $2250 (Capitol Hill)

I don't have time to give this truck the love it needs. I want to sell it to a good home where it will be restored to its original luster.

This truck needs an owner who will restore it and knows how to work on old engines and carburetors. You must understand, it is 40 years old, so it does not operate like a new car, but for its vintage it is in great condition. The reason I love old trucks and motorcycles is because you form a bond with the vehicle and only you know how to work it perfectly.

The good:

-132,292 original miles on original engine.

-All original parts.

-1st owner owned it for 36years and kept it in flawless shape (as you can see by the interior).

-Engine fires up no problem every time (I drive it about 1-2 times a week).

-Engine runs smooth, but definitely needs work to run to full potential.

-No rust.

The bad:

-You must put some love into this truck if you want to drive it a lot.

-There are a lot of old parts that could use replacing if you want to drive it daily.

-There is a small dent on the hood and a dent in the tailgate from the previous owner.

-Original paint job is rust-free, but it is dull.

-This truck is not for some hipster who wants a cool looking truck to drive around in. This truck is for a true grease-monkey that know how to work engines and understands old trucks require maintenance and sweat to run properly and safely.

Bonus:

-I went out of my way and paid $100.00 to have one of the best restore garages around, Group 2 Motorsport in Magnolia, to tell me EVERYTHING that is wrong with the truck in order for it to run like it was brand new. I did this so everything is out on the table and you know exactly what you are getting. Only serious buyers will see this. I know how it is buying old vehicles, and what you are paying for with this Datsun is an old pick-up truck that is in great shape with low miles for its age.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. Any low-ballers or window-shoppers will be replied to with a polite: Thanks! But fuck off.

5Ga5F45Ma3Fd3Mb3L7c1id2a084f59fa71639.jpg5L35N85Ha3Lc3J93H4c1i4640093b3c6519ec.jpg5L15Fd5H53L23Md3Jfc1i4cb6f1266c95102e.jpg5N35L95Gc3M43L43J2c1i2379bedfe10b1c32.jpg

http://skagit.craigs...2807981839.html

Thanks Dave on 67 Datsun (Guemes Island Wa )

Date: 2012-01-19, 12:03PM PST

Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi Dave lost your number. Going to send the title. Michael 360-333-5699

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2807981839

Was it a Dave on here that saved it? :D

This looks to be a pretty clean 521 in Seattle. (NOT MINE)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2807137029.html

1970 Datsun 521 Pick-up Truck in great condition.

I don't have time to give this truck the love it needs. I want to sell it to a good home where it will be restored to its original luster.

This truck needs an owner who will restore it and knows how to work on old engines and carburetors. You must understand, it is 40 years old, so it does not operate like a new car, but for its vintage it is in great condition. The reason I love old trucks and motorcycles is because you form a bond with the vehicle and only you know how to work it perfectly.

The good:

-132,292 original miles on original engine.

-All original parts.

-1st owner owned it for 36years and kept it in flawless shape (as you can see by the interior).

-Engine fires up no problem every time (I drive it about 1-2 times a week).

-Engine runs smooth, but definitely needs work to run to full potential.

-No rust.

The bad:

-You must put some love into this truck if you want to drive it a lot.

-There are a lot of old parts that could use replacing if you want to drive it daily.

-There is a small dent on the hood and a dent in the tailgate from the previous owner.

-Original paint job is rust-free, but it is dull.

-This truck is not for some hipster who wants a cool looking truck to drive around in. This truck is for a true grease-monkey that know how to work engines and understands old trucks require maintenance and sweat to run properly and safely.

Bonus:

-I went out of my way and paid $100.00 to have one of the best restore garages around, Group 2 Motorsport in Magnolia, to tell me EVERYTHING that is wrong with the truck in order for it to run like it was brand new. I did this so everything is out on the table and you know exactly what you are getting. Only serious buyers will see this. I know how it is buying old vehicles, and what you are paying for with this Datsun is an old pick-up truck that is in great shape with low miles for its age.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. Any low-ballers or window-shoppers will be replied to with a polite: Thanks! But fuck off.

5Ga5F45Ma3Fd3Mb3L7c1id2a084f59fa71639.jpg5L35N85Ha3Lc3J93H4c1i4640093b3c6519ec.jpg5L15Fd5H53L23Md3Jfc1i4cb6f1266c95102e.jpg5N35L95Gc3M43L43J2c1i2379bedfe10b1c32.jpg

I sold mine for 1500 and it had damn near every part replaced on it except gauges/dash. Which were in flawless condition.

I sold mine for 1500 and it had damn near every part replaced on it except gauges/dash. Which were in flawless condition.

I feel ya. We bought ours for $1,000 and it was in pretty damn good shape, with a straight body and minimal surface rust in the floorboards. But, ours had a little less stock shit than this one currently for sale, but not enough to justify another $1,200. Either way, it's still a nice looking truck from the pictures.

Keep your negative rude comments to yourself! Its my datsun and my business, and i can sell it if i want too!

Howdy Dattodime, we have a rule here against slamming someone's price on a car in their personal for sale thread. But in this CL thread, it is usually random Datsuns found by members who don't own them, and there is a little more lattitude in the comments. Anyway, I don't think the slammer was aware you were the seller and also the poster in this thread.

Again GLWS

6k?

It should say stupid buyers, not serious buyers

Keep your negative rude comments to yourself! Its my datsun and my business, and i can sell it if i want too!

Hmmmm, who was bigger dik...... :lol: I dont know. Hahaha

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahaha.

It's a nice car, and I'm sure it will sale. I just don't think it's worth 6k with a L series motor and everything listed.

And your correct, I saw this on the for sale thread and followed the rules as not to say anything negative in his for sale thread.

I would say 3500$ max, no major swap, no major mods or anything.

And for anyone in la to pay 6k for this car when I see cl adds for cars with just about the same stuff for 2 k less sitting on cl for weeks an weeks seem a bit...... Stupid. I mean the fucking Gage's don't even work!!!!

Sorry dude it's just my opinion, and I have every right to express myself.

And for anyone in la to pay 6k for this car when I see cl adds for cars with just about the same stuff for 2 k less sitting on cl for weeks an weeks seem a bit...... Stupid. I mean the fucking Gage's don't even work!!!!

if you see 510s in that condition all the time for 2k ill take every one.Because you dont see them that cheap in seattle.Maybe its worth 6k maybe not .But its your car i wouldnt listen to this bullshit

It means that he sees similar 510's listed in the $4000 dollar range. Your rage seems to have clouded your comprehension.

Back on topic:

http://skagit.craigs...2806439878.html

Nissan/Datsun L16 motor and trany (Arlington Wa)

Date: 2012-01-18, 12:58PM PST

Reply to: sale-krw8g-2806439878@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a compleat running Nissan/Datsun L16 motor with 4 speed transmission 63,000 miles runs great for sale or trade email me at blankityblank or call anytime 13606570138 ask for Jesse the motor is currently in storage in Winthrop WA

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2806439878

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.