this weird Lynx M127 Single side-draft intake, will it fit a b210 or did i made a bad buy

davy

like the titles says, i bought a weird but interesting intake that the seller said it fits 100% on a A12 to A15 engines but with round port holes. The intake is a Lynx m127 ; a single sidedraft intake. i trusted him, so we both made a deal. i later emailed a few Australian redline/dcoe set up stores on eBay to find a linkage kit for this interesting intake.... well one of those eBay Aussie performance store message me back and he said quote

"Hello,

This kit won't suit your current manifold as the threads/studs are different.
We can custom-make a kit to suit, although you'll have to contact us directly. 

P.S. That manifold is to suit a Triumph Spitfire, please check fitment!!"

End quote...... should i be worried, did i do a bad purchase? I had research through Google and couldn't find much on it ......

NPXITaU.png

zDaPXDh.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a good question, I can't answer other than to say that much of the Nissan A series engine parts will fit MG engines. Now, if the Triumph and MGs share engines or designed on the same engines it may still work. There are others here much more knowledgeable so hang in there.

Welcome to Ratsun

• Like 1

ok so i just email the company Lynx but i dont expect them to reply any time soon for the reason i asked them a question 3x on a vintage Mazda intake availability and fitment and haven't heard from them in over 2 months. 

These pictures are from the seller's listing and he told me that it would fit a datsun but hasn't tried it himself because he went with a SU setup on his car. Im not saying he's a liar, but I do have concerns now it being for a triumph model.  I don't have an engine to try this on yet and the only car i can try it on is being used at the moment and can't dismantle it because of the winter weather.

The last picture is my A15 engine, and it was dismantled 2 years ago. The port holes are round and would assume it would work BUT assuming is just that > guessing.... i haven't opened the package yet because I'm waiting on more replies  

rSSiEmA.jpg

UmXsbzp.jpg

AkPGO8O.jpg

9myWTKx.jpg

RT0YBsS.jpg

iwIKyrc.jpg

kf7mvRN.jpg

ok so Lynx responded to me and they said quote

"Hello,

I can't comment on this sorry. The M127 is made for the Triumph Spitfire engine.
We dont have any A14 manifolds here to compare it to."

So i guess the only option is to try it out on my car but again i can't yet because of weather dropping in temperature and that i need this car drivable. if this was summer days/weather, i don't mind dismantling it 
14 hours ago, davy said:

The last picture is my A15 engine, and it was dismantled 2 years ago. The port holes are round and would assume it would work BUT assuming is just that > guessing.... i haven't opened the package yet because I'm waiting on more replies  

kf7mvRN.jpg

I don't think it will work if this is your engine....

I think it's ment for the a10/a12 ....

Have a look at this picture of an a12 engine.... notice the stud pattern and shape where the intake would bolt.

Screenshot_20231220_072043_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1

ok so today i did 2 things...well 3 things to is if this intake fits any one of my vehicles.

1) I took a tomei #14035R001 intake gasket, yes i know the gasket is for an oval port head but wanted to see if the head holes distance match the intake manifold holes and they don't match. Head holes are much farther in distance than the intake manifold holes; meaning in "layman terms" the intake is small for the a14 oval head

2) went to the spare parts a15 engine with round head ports and again same issue as the A14 gasket above. Intake manifold is small and WON'T fit our Datsun

3 I figured since they don't fit Datsun maybe it might fit a Mazda b2000 ; i took an intake gasket and try it onto the lynx intake and no it doesn't fit  

so i am going to contact the seller in seeing about a return on this intake since i cant use it . 

now i dont have a A12 to actual try this on, so this might fit an A12 engine as long as the head is smaller than the A14/A15 engines because of the intake holes distances