fulcrum bolt? control arm bolt?

I was replacing the front upper bushing and the bushing is seized to the bolt... I have tried blaster and a torch but I'm sure Im just going to have to cut it off, kind of tried to cut it already 😕 maybe not the best idea but anyway... I'm having a hard time finding replacement for this part....where can I find the true size to replace this bolt and nut, thanks! 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BEFORE YOU CUT ANYTHING

Can you post a photo?

I had cut #87 off twice. I could not get them out seems like welded on but I was in a rush and has spares of those BIG fulcrumpins with the coarse Cap threads.

I should have soaked them for days and I bet I could have got them out with PBBlaster or a 50/50 mix of auto trans fluid and acetone.

If you can find a trashed 521 cut the whole section from the truck and even the upper arms. they will wear out if you have the truck long enough. Im out of those lower pins and the 620s series I believe is metric so yoll have to look at 520s also

the Upper rubber bushing #83 ??? with the long bolt going thru?

what I do is put a jeck under the drum and lift it up ans it will take tension off that upper bolt, I will put the nut back on and wack it with a hammer to get started then take nut off and use a punch to wack the bolt thru.  Of coarse I PB Blastered the shit out off that also. put new bushing in there. Sqeeze the shit get it in there and you should be ok.  It will seem like the new rubber is TOO BIG and wont fit.  soemtimes I trim them. cause the upper arms tighten ,get tighten when lowered

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dats_Mandersun_408 said:

I replaced it with some brass bolts I got at ace hardware? I also replaced the shocks but when I just test drove it it was way worse than it was before.. the faster I go the more bouncy it gets ....

Brass bolts?  That dont sound right or safe.  sure they were not just yellow or zinc plated?

• Like 1