young ozzie wraps '71 Dat around tree

here's a picture of the dead guy for you to ponder:

0,,6401727,00.jpg

24 year old Gabriel Guimaraes who died on Crescent road Newport after his partly restored 1971 model Datsun 1600 hit two trees.

QUOTE (anth @ Dec 16 2008, 07:01 PM) *

i thought ratsun was a really cool place until i read some of the replies in their thread on this subject http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=1...ed=1#post107693

reading shit like that makes me mad

i second that!!! what a bunch of heartless wankers!!! angry.gif i love how they"ve all got a smart arse opinion and they all must be race car drivers cause they all know how the accident happened,,, its funny how all the guys they say how good they are have a piece of shit in their avatars!!!! aggressive.gif

0,,6401274,00.jpg

Edited by Burabuda
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's dead... When I die I dont care what you tell,call, and take from me. I'm dead! But show some respect people. I still cant believe he died for such a small crash. That Totaled 620 KingCab looks in much worse shape than this 510. I bet other people are angry/upset for his death. And other are going too take advantage. It's life...

I wouldnt mind some one taking my datsun projects when I die... That way my parents wont have to worry in removing my "trash". :lol:

as anth said but me giving it a bit more umph

YOU GUYS ARE HEARTLESS C U N T S

You know, this is sad at any age but particularly someone so young. First thing all of us think, is that he was fooling around, careless, showing off. It's not even clear what happened here. Is this because we've done this too? and the only difference is that we were lucky! I know that not one of us can say we never tried stuff like that. Anyone who has had a close call because of their own stupidity, knows the feeling and there is a tendency to joke and kid around about it. Its insensitive sure, but it's how some deal with the awesomeness of out own mortality.

I have a son that age and understand your terrible loss. To the family and friends of Gabriel, my condolences.

Edited by datzenmike
He's dead... When I die I dont care what you tell,call, and take from me. I'm dead! But show some respect people. I still cant believe he died for such a small crash. That Totaled 620 KingCab looks in much worse shape than this 510. I bet other people are angry/upset for his death. And other are going too take advantage. It's life...

I wouldnt mind some one taking my datsun projects when I die... That way my parents wont have to worry in removing my "trash". :lol:

Okay, now realize it's a RIGHT hand drive car, seatbelts don't do a lot for you in a side collision, and think about the severity of the crash some more.

that is sad to here. its true that he was going faster than he should of been but sometimes all the mechanical precautions you can take cannot garauntee that nothing can happen. this year at the kart track, a bolt simply sheered on this 12 year olds kart and killed him. i was good friends with the mechanic and things like this can be really hard on everyone.

Okay, now realize it's a RIGHT hand drive car, seatbelts don't do a lot for you in a side collision, and think about the severity of the crash some more.

My bro lent a friend drift his 300z t-top. That friend lost control, spun out and hit a tree on the driverside. The 300z had no roof and the Z literaly bended in half. He ran out and appologized like 100 times too my bro. I guess other people are more lucky than others. I wish I still had some pics to prove how my bros car was after the accident. O well... Life goes on...

My brother cried. What a dumb ass! He should of never let some one else drive his car or even worse tried to drift it...

edit: Ok found something similar... No bull it looked just liked it but silver...

Edited by Motavated

lol the funny thing here is anyone who knows us know we care about fellow datto lovers, so all that shit that people are boo hooing about us bein heartless cunts an all that is retarded... just cause someone comes here posts that some guy died an all that doesnt mean we HAVE to pour our hearts out into some post, ya he died, that sux i feel bad for him / his family / his car but anyone that is going to sit here an cry to us about how we're such horrible people can suck it! i still think he made a mistake, wheather it be mechanical failure or just lack of driving skill, that doesnt mean im bashing him, an another funny thing is that asshole who said we all have crappy rides in our sigs must not be a datto lover.. so he too can SUCK IT!

oh btw in the artical i read it said he had a passenger who survived with superficial injuries

lol the funny thing here is anyone who knows us know we care about fellow datto lovers, so all that shit that people are boo hooing about us bein heartless cunts an all that is retarded... just cause someone comes here posts that some guy died an all that doesnt mean we HAVE to pour our hearts out into some post, ya he died, that sux i feel bad for him / his family / his car but anyone that is going to sit here an cry to us about how we're such horrible people can suck it! i still think he made a mistake, wheather it be mechanical failure or just lack of driving skill, that doesnt mean im bashing him, an another funny thing is that asshole who said we all have crappy rides in our sigs must not be a datto lover.. so he too can SUCK IT!

oh btw in the artical i read it said he had a passenger who survived with superficial injuries

ahmen

It sucks to see him dead. At least he died i a datsun, and not a honda.

I do some stupid shit every now and then too. We are all a victm of having fun ont eh road at one time or another. I use to just fly down skyline and rocky point o my old qwhite starion. Almost rolled it one day, I got luckyt and busted a few tuierods, tension rod, control arm, and a wheel instead.

I look at my 240z and know I need a cage. The chassis is 37 years old, it has rusted out a bit, definately not a very stout chassis. A seat with a halo and a nice cage would be much safer imo.

ya man i dont plan on doin too much crazy shit in the 620, my se-r on the other hand hmm? im like 99% positive im getting an sr20ve to drop in come tax return, but i dont think i need a cage with 180hp lol, altho i sometimes do drive fast but mostley in a straight line.. the thing about roll cages is they make the vehicle pretty much for track use with a helmet, otherwise hitting your head on the cage can be just as dangerous, altho i guess u could put some of that padding around the bars an shit, but right now my cars not ready for all that, i still have to drive the kids around an shit so all thats out of the question, however its really easy to remove the passenger an rear seats an harnesses are cheap so going to the track or strip for a day is totaly possible

ya thats true, that damned crash technology lol, i mean sure it saves your life when you need it to sometimes, but what about the minor fender benders.. a minor accident totaled my first se-r.. i think they need to make it so in major accidents it absorbs damage and in minor accidents it reflects damage lol