High pressure oil pump

Marlon_213_620

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only the '80-'83 280zx turbo automatic had the high volume oil pump which is rather antiquated. As mentioned any KA24E or KA24DE from an '89- D21 Hardbody or the KA24E from the 240zx will have this high volume pump. The pressure relief valve on this pump is basically the same as the original L series pumps at 55-60 PSI but with higher volume put out with every turn, the pressure build much faster and at lower RPMs.

I put a used KA pump on my tired L20B that had a hot oil pressure of 17 PSI. With no other change the idle pressure jumped to 29 PSI. The internal rotors are 13% longer and I have put them on all my L and Z series engines and highly recommend this.

rDgVvcG.jpg

• Like 1

The likelihood of that Amazon pump being an actual Hitachi is low, Amazon is known for taking parts from numerous different vendors and putting them in the same bin regardless of where that vendor claims they're from and then you get counterfeit parts without even knowing it, why people continue to buy Auto parts off Amazon I'll fucking never know

• Like 1

I just pull from junkyard engines. I mean how much provenance do you need? Worked reliably for 200,000km, an original part and was well lubricated.

Just one thing, check the block for a window. I spent time pulling one then looked and the rod was through the side. I disassembled it and it was full of ground up metal. 

You can only tell by looking at the insides. There's no way to tell when installed. Know what you want and get what you want...

Regular volume oil pump L and Z series...

V2fckkS.jpg

High volume pump...

7jkQ4Im.jpg

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I just pull from junkyard engines. I mean how much provenance do you need? Worked reliably for 200,000km, an original part and was well lubricated.

Just one thing, check the block for a window. I spent time pulling one then looked and the rod was through the side. I disassembled it and it was full of ground up metal. 

You can only tell by looking at the insides. There's no way to tell when installed. Know what you want and get what you want...

Regular volume oil pump L and Z series...

V2fckkS.jpg

High volume pump...

7jkQ4Im.jpg

I don't have yards with old Japanese rigs.  

12 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Last time i went to a yard I think a NEW one of anything was cheaper

The pick and pull here is cheap.  It's just a matter of inventory.

I picked up the rear end for my kids truck for $150

I'm headed down tomorrow to get the front subframe

Any D21 Hardbody from '90-'98 with KA24E and any KA24DE after including the Xterra have them. My Datsun info runs out after 2005 but RWD trucks with the KA24DE should have them. Forget KA24DE cars they are internal oil pumps.

Oh, and Frontiers.